CHAPTER 14

JAMES                              
                          ________________

There's a pounding in my head the second I lift my face off the pillow, shielding my eyes with a hand from the sun streaming directly to the living room definitely not something anyone wants to wake up to

" Morning," Sharon says as she leans closer and presses a kiss against my temple, between all the things that happened last night for once I'm glad we didn't ended up somewhere worst, " We didn't make it to the bed are we," I chuckle, immediately relax to recall what happened just few hours ago.
" Bed's overrated anyway," Sharon laugh fills the room before she shift from my side and take her white shirt that stuck in between two pillow next to my left side, teasingly lay down over my back for a few seconds before she moves.

" What time is it?" I ask, looking for my phone on the side table before she handed it to me instead," Relax, I don't look," Sharon chuckles as she walks up to the kitchen. I try to shield my phone screen from the sun and try to read several emails and messages notifications, and a $7500 invoice on my email.
" For the down payment, and the damage."
Grace

" I'm taking a day off today," Sharon says, taking my focus back to her leaning on the kitchen counter as she waits on the coffee machine, " Yeah? what do you wanna do this morning?" I chuckle before ignoring the text in my phone and put it back into the couch as I stand up and walk to where she stands," Kinda too late for a morning run don't you think? it's 10:45," Sharon cocks her head over the wall clock above the console before she smiling down as she pour the coffee on her old favorite mug.

" Okay, so what do you wanna do today?" I say, leaning closer behind her shoulder," I don't know, what do you think we should do?" Sharon asks teasingly, turning her back away from the kitchen counter before she let me lift her off the ground, letting her sit above the counter as I stand in between her legs.

" Hey," Sharon says teasingly before she chuckles and continue wrap her hands around my shoulder before she leans closer, I stare at her for what feels like awhile before she move her hand behind my head, brushing her thumb over the small scar just above my neck.

" I know exactly what we should do," She says in whisper," We can call Natasha and Steve to have brunch together in Manhattan," Sharon says teasingly but I shake my head slightly as I brush the bottom of her lip into mine once,

" Didn't tasha invited us for dinner instead? besides I think we can hit the store and find you a new ring," I say once I pull away, just enough to see the hesitation in her eyes for a split seconds.
" What?" I ask shortly, " Nothing," Sharon says leaning her head back slightly," We've been together for awhile now Carter, I know that nothing is never really nothing," I snort shortly," Do you think I wasn't serious about last night?" I look over her when I ask, hoping to see her reaction to the question.
" Honestly?" She stops hesitantly," Given how we both were drinking too much last night, I thought we were just caught up in the moment," She says with a long sigh.