CHAPTER 13

JAMES
                       _________________

" Wait that's not how it works," Joaquin says with his confused look before Sam laugh next to him

" Well, it is how our Jenga games works, look the point is once you nailed without dropping anything you need to take a shot," Sam says with a laugh,
" See how our game night better than anyone now?" Steve chime in.

For a minute I laugh along with them because nothing gets in their way when it comes to shot games even when it seems like a mistake by the second right before Natasha walked into the room

" Drink up losers, I'm here now," She says as she walks closer, carrying two bottles in her hands," About time you shows up," Sharon grin gets wider as she leap off my side to walk up to Tasha," Blame my yoga instructor for that," Tasha roll her eyes as she hugs Sharon.

" Hey Nat," both Lang and Sam says in the same time, Joaquin gives a quick nod before I watch Tasha walk toward Steve and seattle down next to him, her eyes lurking over me." Barnes you look nice," she nods.

Leave it to Natasha for making a simple compliment sounds like a tease, it's one of her charm that she always had since college.

I smirk at her before I take the shot in my hand," You should've seen him twenty minutes ago, he looks like strays cat under the rain," Steve tell her,
" Oh really," I chuckle, throwing a piece of cashew towards him as I shift on the couch, leaning forward to the stack of Jenga in front of us.

I try to pull the twelve row on the left before it start to wobbly," Don't drop it babe," Sharon says as she claim her spot back next to me," When's the last time I dropped on this game," I say with a nod as soon as I take the wood piece off the stack neatly and take my first shot.

Game night has always been Steve and Nat's ideas since college and the four of us have all agreed to put it on our schedule even after more than eight years later, it's the one time all of us could truly let go off all the responsibilities for the night.

The game goes on and on even after Lang dropped the Jenga blocks on his fifth shot, we switch from one game to another and to the most random charades, everyone are laughing and drinking as if none of us needs to sober up before Monday morning.

" Buck you remember 2011, this is the song you lost a bet on," Sam laugh, Sharon gives a fake shocking face over me as she turn up the volume on the vinyl,
I blame on the alcohol for making my cheek feels hot and I start grinning by the embarrassing flashbacks,
" What are you betting on?" Sharon asks as she walks back to her seat, Natasha chuckles by the end of the couch," Two bottle of some cheap booze," Natasha says with a fake cough," For each of you so that makes eight bottles in total?" I say defensively, pouring two glass of whiskey by the mini bar, Sharon bright blue eyes gazing over me with an unreadable look, my lips curves just enough to broadcast my thoughts as I look away from her and swirl the ice in my glass.