CHAPTER 12

GRACE
                       _________________

" Which club?" James asks, this time I made a regretful mistake by looking up at him too quickly on his question, I shake my head slightly and hand him the card back the second he walks closer to me, I sigh and take a few step away from him

" I don't know, but my brother say it's one of the underground, access-only club near SoHo," Wanda says, finally turning around from her laptop, " And he also mentioned there are at least three of them around with that same looking metal card access," She continue with a nod," Yeah? How did your brother know?" James's eyes narrow as he cock a look from Wanda to my direction, I look away from him and chuckle bitterly," Her brother happened to have access to one of them," I say without any intention on saying another word as I lean my back against the bookshelf. " Which is why I've been asking him to find out if he could get us access to the other two," Wanda says more to me than to James.

" Send me the video," James says more at Wanda, she nods and within seconds his phone dings, " Do you happen to keep any pictures for the ring?" Wanda says looking up over James, asking him the question so casually like they knew each for more than ten minutes, jawline twitch in one of his cheek when I look over him, " Yeah, why?" He says under his breath, " I've been tapping into some underground broker for Grace's necklace, chances are whoever stole your ring might also put it into the black market," Wanda continue, I shot a look over her by the time she mentioned my necklace right before James's phone ring for the second time, taking all eyes on him.

" Look if you need to go, just go," I say flatly as soon as he declined whoever has been calling him," Just leave this one out to me," I pause, crossing my hands over my chest," Besides it's not like we're gonna get any more lead here until we got access to those clubs," I continue as I walk away to grab another drink on my corner bar, I can feel James's eyes following behind me before I lean my shoulder against the wall with a glass of white wine in one hand.

" Well, it's obvious you don't seem to trust Grace by the slightest but trust me when I say that she's right," Wanda says as she getting up from her chair right before she circle the round table.

" Here, send me pictures for the ring, I'll look it up and let you know if anything comes up," She wave her phone toward where James's been standing not far from her, he looks at me for a moment, probably thinking over what to do, I smirk to my amusement,
" I guess you just have to trust me on this one," I say grinning, enjoying the fact that he seems most likely have no other choice but asking for my help for leads, and as much as I hate every part of his presence, I really been trying to use every little win as a reminder of the big time commission I would be making him pay.

James eyes darken before he nods once with a tight expression, but at least it appears that he accept the situation now. " Fine, but one of you better call me once something comes up," He pause before he look up, considers me for a moment," Pretty sure you already have my number or hacked your way into my computer," He says coolly but there's a slight of grin affixed on his face.