CHAPTER 16

GRACE
________________

I've been sitting in my car trying to not let my wall down in the past twenty minutes after I dropped Wanda off her place, tonight's definitely not going as planned and I'm not just talking about finding my stolen jewel

I try to blame the damn accident on that side of the 70 Hudson St, I saw earlier to pulled the trigger but clearly watching that performance on that club's stage before and that one woman walked on me with my stage name not helping me either.

It's not like the first time I get triggered about my accident or the fact how it have altered my entire life altogether, eight years definitely not a short time for someone to get better to hide things on the back of her mind and pretend that nothing happened until she truly alone to think about them, all just so no one knows how her life still falling apart.

At least that was my life for three years after the accident, I went from waking up alone on that hospital bed before Melina came in two hours later, not remembering anything that happened with the accident more than the flashback I keep getting along with the headache- to Wanda visited me so often and accompany me all through the physical therapy for over one year and a half just to get me  back to my feet, losing my career as ballerina and another whole year of me trying to figure myself out definitely the ugly icing on top.

Until one night, two years ago when Pietro came up with one fucked up yet thrilling ideas about the night hustle," You two should try it," I remembered he said it with a grin on his face," How long have you and your friends been pulling these jobs for?" I looked over him before I glanced over Wanda with my few questions still in mind," Three months," He shrugged a shoulder, " He actually taught me to steal some jewelry off the flea market when we were teens," Wanda leaned closer and chuckled as she said it," It was a joke? this one's different, besides money been great in case you two haven't noticed," He bragged as he leaned on the booth.

" Well, you should've gone to the bar on 3rd floor, the customer more loaded up there," I leaned my left shoulder against the wall as I watched Pietro pocketed $6000 to his wallet," I mean I could use some quick money like you just got tho," I crossed my hands over my chest as I looked over both of them, Wanda gasped a fake shocked expression before she chuckled," Grace you could easily asked your aunt for it," Wanda said with a laugh," Not enough to move myself out of her apartment," I Shrugged.

It's the way of trying to not get caught and the way I move in the crowded room that brought back the thrill into my life, obviously it used to remind me of that stage life I've been longing, and to be fair it's been addictive, but clearly things just get better since then and over times I can finally handled my panic attack from most of my triggers, which is why I have no reason to have this feeling right now.