CHAPTER 11

JAMES
                       _________________

" Look, Paul- I just need five minutes to talk to Dean," I insisted through the buzzer after a whole five minutes waiting outside, the massive rustic wooden door

" Look, Paul- I just need five minutes to talk to Dean," I insisted through the buzzer after a whole five minutes waiting outside, the massive rustic wooden door. " Go home, Barnes- He needs some rest today, try to call first tomorrow," He answered through the speaker.

Frustration started to get a hold on me by the minute as I was running on my last option since Spector been ignoring my calls, I could sent my team to find that one friend Grace went to the party with last night, but chasing after two ghosts would've wasted more time when I knew one person who could lead me to Grace, fast.

And out of the other people that I knew well, Dean just happened to be the only person who might know where I could find her, he knew her well enough for him to invited her to his annual charity ball- and as much as I hate to admitted it, I knew she had more leads about the stolen jewelry more than I did.

I pressed the button on the buzzer again as soon as it started like I was running on my last luck," I'm looking for Grace," I sighed out a breath, finally admitted why I was there.

" There's no Grace here," Paul, Dean's personal nurse and assistant said when he finally opened the front door, I knew him for over four years now, but still he looked at me like I owed him something I haven't paid off.
" Yeah well I didn't expect her to be here," I said with a half smile," Look, I'm just here to ask Dean if he knew where I can find her taking how she was at the party before,"

Paul looked at my direction with a look on his face slightly changed before he looked down to his watch. I took another step on the stairs, hoping Paul could at least gave me the info but instead he took a step backward.

" You shouldn't be here, Dean's really not doing well today," He nodded, was ready to closed the door on me but I held the door with my foot and turned toward his left when noticed Dean was walking closer to the door as he waved a hand.

" Non-sense," Dean chuckled," Barnes, do come on in," He greeted me lightly as if welcoming an old friend who met on daily basis- but again Dean knew me long before Brooklyn, I couldn't remember exactly when we met, but it had been over a decade since I knew Dean and his late wife.

I remember how she loved to invited Sam, Steve and I over for dinner throughout our freshman in college, or letting me crashed in to their spare room whenever they were out of town.

Truth was between Steve's wedding planning, Sharon and the office, things had been hectic and I haven't been able to checked on him as much since Lisa's funeral over six months ago.

" You schmuck," Dean said, for a second I thought he was talking to Paul but then he nodded his head over at me," I knew it was you talking with Gracie at the party, Paul here thought I was mistaking you two to another guess." Dean laughed for a second, I watched Paul gave a face on me and nodded his head, " Make it quick," Paul muttered when I walked past him.