CHAPTER 5

GRACE
                              ______________

" Hello, Thief," He says with a smirk on his face as he leans closer in front of me, towering me with his height as if he is about to push me off the cliff,James

James.
Shit, just when I started to enjoying the show my night already taking a turn to below zero because few days ago when I called Dean's assistant that to accepting the invitation, not once I imagine to meet the guy I almost hooked up with from one of my last week's wedding crash, let alone expecting he will be so easily recognized me under the laced mask covering almost half of my face- Almost, I thread the wire lightly.

But here he is, James, standing in front of me with his insanely steel blue eyes bury deep into mine behind his maroon mask while his hand firmly grip around my left wrist, That hand, the same one he was using to trailed down on my skin so gently about a week ago, now nothing more than irritation wrapping around my skin, and despite the noises of people chatting and the old classic music surrounded the room I could easily bet $500 that I just clearly heard my own heartbeat and won the money.

" You," I hiss in whisper, pulling my hand off him, clutching my purse on the other before I brush off my wrist that he holds just a second ago for my own amusement as I try to compose myself together,
" What are you doing here," I ask a rhetorical questions bitterly when I look up at him, James shakes his head with the corner of his lips pulling into a grin," Oh no doll, I should be the one asking you, what are you doing here?" He leans forward, too closely as he says it which almost drowning me into his eyes," None of your business," I let out a breath as I look anywhere but him as I say it just right before I turn my heels around and walk away, leaving him behind.

I only reach halfway up the stairs leading to the bar when James catches up with me," I'm not finished," He says before I laugh bitterly, just enough for him to hear as I look over my shoulder," Oh but I do," I scoff before a dangerous light flashes in his eyes as he slides a hand around my waist, I almost interject before his touch stopping me right away and both of my feet betraying me by walking to the direction he motion us to.

James leads us to an empty hallway just next to the grand door splitting the bar area and the ballroom, caging me in between his arms while he pin my back against the wall, " Let me go or I will make a scene," I hiss through my teeth, I clutch my purse tightly, ready to use it whenever I need to before James lets out a laugh but not a single joy within his voice before he lift my chin by his thumb," You really think I'd do what you said after you stole from me? didn't think so doll," He pause, his eyes just few inches away from mine when he looks down at me," Not unless you really want to blew up your cover this time, go ahead scream," He continue, taunting me with each of his words," The only cover I'm wearing tonight are these Louboutin heels, the borrowed dress and this cheap mask," I chuckle before I made sure he sees me rolling my eyes away from him, stopping myself trailing on the thick of his bottom lip.