CHAPTER 28

GRACE
_________________

Getting through Manhattan crowded metro in late October probably one of the least activity I wished to do at this hour, but Pietro took my car for the second halloween party he was invited last minute off Park Avenue which led me left with nothing...

Getting through Manhattan crowded metro in late October probably one of the least activity I wished to do at this hour, but Pietro took my car for the second halloween party he was invited last minute off Park Avenue which led me left with nothing but one option when Gary called for a cover up shift tonight, " You know I thought I would be able to get away with covering someone else's shift after I took the morning schedule for Jessie's maternal leave," I chuckled dryly before Claire looked over me with her green doll eyes, " Don't act like you don't miss the night shift," She shrugged a shoulder with the menu over her arm," I do missed night shift but not on Halloween, have you seem the crowd outside?" I asked a rhetorical question before Claire laughed interrupted us as she walked closer behind me," Why bother go outside when you can walk out of this door alone and listen to Gary's calling out for tables," She said in the same time pushing the door with her back to walked out of the room," I would say she's another reason I wasn't up for this shift tonight," I scoffed when Jane walked in from the changing room after I made sure Claire already far enough to heard us out," She's totally losing it after Dave broke off their engagement," Jane chuckled shortly before a rush of energy came through the door so quickly.

" Grace, you have a guest, table nine," Gary called out while I was waiting for the order on table 21 by the front kitchen," What guest?" I asked because I know it couldn't be Dean, not with the Halloween crowd like tonight especially not with his recent condition, I sighed a breath as I fixed the skirt apron before I walked back to the bar," Paul," I breathed out when I saw him sat by table nine all by himself, a paper bag with red bow sitting on the table in front of him," Grace," He shifted on his chair and called out my name when he saw me walked closer, there was a look in his expression for a second before I reached the table.

" I didn't know you two would be here tonight," I asked and moved my eyes around to looked for any other table Dean might preferred for the night, but instead Paul shook his head," Oh no, I'm just here to take some takeouts," He nodded before reaching for the gift off the table separating us," Dean wanted to come since yesterday to give this to you himself, but with the crowd I saw on the news earlier I know it wouldn't be wise," Paul nodded with a short chuckle," Happy Birthday," He continued in the same time he took me by surprised," How did-" I stopped myself shortly and nodded," I can't believe Dean remember," I looked up at Paul quickly,
" Please tell him thank you but I can't received th-"
" It's really nothing, you'll see it when you open the bag," Paul cut me shortly with the present still afloat in front of me before I took it," Well, Thank you," I nodded before Paul shook his head," One more more thing, you told me last time about Clover's policy, before I forgot again here's my number, if the cook stock up the Apple tart do let me know," He said jokingly just a second before I took the card and nod," Will do," I told him right until my eyes caught the small letter on the back side of the paper bag, I looked down by the small card underneath the bow," Trust yourself to find your way back," I kept my eyes on the handwriting card just before Jane walked by with a takeouts handbag and handed it to Paul, he said goodbye as he left me wondering, when did exactly I told any of them about my birthday?