CHAPTER 20

GRACE
________________

There are a few things I've learn from spending so many hustle night with Wanda all these years, one of them is to make a move like you're holding on to an invisible string with a single match ready to lit up the pathway in silence

James, in this case is my invisible strings because using his name really get me the invite to Zemo's private showcase, which obviously he doesn't need to know about, because I really meant it what I told him about earlier-the less he knew about my plan the better for his alibi in case things goes south.

And by the looks of everything around Baron's penthouse and all the security cameras in almost every corner, my pathway is tight.

" Let me just start by get things clear for the two of you," Zemo begins with a shrug on his shoulders," I am indeed have the most various collections in all Manhattan," Zemo says as he leans closer on his desk," I know, I can't help how this island full of easy target," He chuckles," That's why, James, since you have come all the way up here I do hope you know what you're looking, specifically." He continues before the door behind us open and Miranda walks in with three drinks over her tray," Ah, perfect timing, Miranda- thank you very much," Zemo says more than casual, "Enjoy," Miranda says, looking over my direction just before she walks out.

I turn my head over my left in the same time James reaches for what I can only tell a glass of old fashioned with a twist," Well you can call yourself lucky, we are come here all prepared," I let out a sigh as I look down to my purse and pull my phone out to slides up a photo to James's fiancé engagement ring, which I've set up on a locked folder before I hold it out for Zemo to see clearly from across his desk.

" I told you we're looking for the exclusives," I say in the same time Zemo's looking on the photo, just before he chuckles under his breath and leans back on his seat," I noticed it's the same ones your fiancé wear in one of those pictures, James," Zemo asks, a muscle on James's jawline twitch the second I look over him by the corner of my eyes," It was stolen from my apartment last week," James shortly before I had my eyes on him, for once I'm glad we both are in the same page of hiding out the facts.

" What makes you think I have them?" Zemo chuckes before taking a sip on his drink, I shift on my seat and put my phone on Zemo's desk as I lean closer," Because rumors says that the Baron are a big fan of stolen jewels," I chuckles briefly, just enough to play my part," I see now this is not some Chloe's business," He continues," It's not like you're very subtle with yours," I scoff bitterly as I look away from him," Do you have the ring or not?" James asks, his voice cutting sharp between us as clear as the rose quartz crystals sitting on the left shelf behind Zemo,

" Of course, James," Zemo says with a grin, clearly enjoing every second of it before he finally push his chair away from his desks and continue to stands up and walks to the second shelf on his left.