CHAPTER 9

GRACE
________________

James Buchanan Barnes, CEO of Brooklyn's largest security company- alongside his business partner, Steve Rogers, the very same one whose wedding I crashed into just last week

Looking back I started to think I shouldn't have taken the planning lightly- but that wedding heist was a casual tip to begin with, a bet I lost to Wanda. Big event of the week with loaded crowds on one of New York biggest venue, large entrance and exits route, it was obvious that I can easily slip my way through without trouble and it  should be as easy as stealing an apple off the weekend's street market without anyone even noticing I was there. But apparently fate has a very unfunny sense of humor because now I'm tangled into the most frustrating situation from that heist.

It's been almost 10 hours since someone broke into my place, stole my jewelry box along with the cursed ring inside of it and still I've got nothing for a lead. I couldn't careless about the ring, it's the old necklace I keep inside I'm most worry about, not that I'm a sentimental person who loves to kept old things- it just that necklace meant more than anything I owned.

I know something doesn't add up from the break in last night because I've had that necklace as long as I could remember and not once someone has an interest to stole it, until I have that cursed ring, I should've just drop it off the pawnshop but instead I kept it just because I haven't get the right buyers.

Which lead me to a suspicion on whoever stole it, they possibly knew about the ring, that's the only reason why I've been spending all morning digging into James's whole profile before I clock in for my evening shift- looking for every information about him and his fiancé, considering how James insisted to get the damned ring back, I need to take the possibility of anyone might've sent someone to look for it.

Right, his fiancé- of all people she must have knew that he lost the ring.

Because between the Wedding and Dean's Charity event last night, someone who knew him could possibly knew about the missing ring from her and connecting the dots when any of them saw James and I last night.

Twice, it happened two times where we dragged each other just outside the event, not far enough from the crowd and yet were way too fucking close to use the excuse of " just talking,"
Shit

" Yeah?" I let out a rush of breath as I pick up the call, " He was just here," I hear Ross says before he pause nervously," I don't think he'd drop it off anytime soon," He continues, I sigh.
" That's the second time, damn it," I mutter to no one but myself but to my surprise Ross chuckle on his line, " Actually, seconds ones a different guy from the first one but considering how he was so insufferable insisted to get in, I know the second one was the one you were telling me about." Ross laugh nervously," What's his deal by the way?" He continue shortly.

" Need to know basis Ross, but thanks for the help," I mutter, looking over to the watch by the wall,
" Don't worry about it, do you want me to keep the key or send it your way?" He asks, I shake my head and lean closer to my laptop screen, scrolling down the article in front of me,