CHAPTER 3

GRACE
___________

The diamond on the gold ring flashes by my bedside table from the ray of light rushing through the window, I spend the entire morning trying to ignore it while I'm getting ready, try to play out the scene from last night over and over again in my ...

The diamond on the gold ring flashes by my bedside table from the ray of light rushing through the window, I spend the entire morning trying to ignore it while I'm getting ready, try to play out the scene from last night over and over again in my head that I ended up staying up until four but still, nothing give me a hint to my questions: Which one of those bridesmaids is his wife? And why on earth he sneaked out with me when he has a gold diamond ring in his pocket which clearly could mean one thing, he's married, or engaged- either way I know I've fucked my own rules last night,
" Fuck," I move from the mirror and rush to grab the ring off the table, curiosity taking over me as I put it on my right index finger where I usually wear my silver rings.

The golden band feels like it burn over my finger as if it's telling me I shouldn't have wear something that doesn't belong to me especially when you stole them, accidentally, of course- how should I know he put a ring in his pocket. I let out a rush of breath, out of frustration as I take the ring off and put it back into a small transparent box I could find around the spare bedroom, I don't like to call it my own ever since I moved out.

" Oh I'm glad you can join us," Melina says to my surprise already in a pair of suit like lawyer running to the courthouse," Us?" I look around the kitchen and find no one," Well, I just send Charles out before you walked in," She continues and I don't have any interest to ask whoever Charles is," You look awful my dear," Melina says finally looking up from her morning paper, I sigh instead and pour myself a half cup of coffee, for once I wasn't expecting to look exactly how I feel since last night, although awful is an understandable.

" Where's yelena?" I ask instead, looking over the six-chair wooden table that currently only occupied by one," She's on her morning run, usually will be back in twenty minutes," Melina say and I winches," I'm afraid I won't be here in twenty minutes, I'm meeting Wanda for breakfast," I say before taking one sip on the coffee and nod over my aunt's furrowed eyes on me," What? but I have breakfast here ready why don't you call her to come here? I barely see you these days," She says before I shrug a shoulder," I'm sorry, busy shift at work you know that," I shrug a shoulder and wink over her," I'll text Yelena on my way out," I say as I steal a piece of olive off the small bowl in front of her.

Manhattan crowd already rushing through the road at 7:05 as I try to pick my pace up and walk across the street of SoHo, heading to where Wanda is currently waiting at the regular breakfast place she loves to visit,

" What did you say?" Wanda leans forward on her seat the second I told her about the ring fell off the suit last night, I shush her quickly,
" Keep it down," I whisper, not wanting to get the cafe's crowd to notice more details on what we're talking about," The guy in the elevator, I think he's married," I pause with a sigh," Or engaged, I don't know," I continue under my breath as I reach for my coffee, still fully annoyed by the whole situation.