CHAPTER 10

GRACE
                          ________________

I look at him for a moment, still thinking if I was imagining things or not for him to be here

I look at him for a moment, still thinking if I was imagining things or not for him to be here. But he really does, actually here standing in front of me wearing a more casual suit compared to what he wore last night and a more tired looking eyes which still staring at me as if they're pleading for me to not taking another step away from him.

" What are you doing here," I mutter under my breath before I turn my eyes looking over my left where the front desk is, hoping Jane or the other customer who's occupied the table just outside the sliding door to this private area can't hear any of this.

No, this is not happening, he's clearly toying with me. I can't let him spend another second, not here where my job is at risk. Just because I started this as a front for my hustle cover doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it- not when it's also have been giving me a more reason to not spending more time at Melina's.

" You need to leave," My jaw tighten as I grab his arm quickly, try to pull him to the direction where the front door is, but of course he doesn't even make a single move. " No," He shakes his head slightly, before I take a step backward, " We need to talk," James bring his hand into his back pocket as he continue facing me. " You know we're obviously done talking with what happened last night." I say coolly, as I quickly turn around and walk away from him.

" Sit down, thief," He says with a shallow chuckle under his breath that stopping me on the spot right just right before I reach out the glass sliding door separating the private area to the rest of the restaurant, I feel heavy and frozen in place like my feet are trapped in the concrete floor.

I shot a look at him as I turn around, my body heat quickly rising as anger start to build up inside of me, he is toying with me, I know he does and with that tone within his voice, he probably thinking he has the upper hand on whatever game he's dragging me to play.

" Call me thief one more time I dare you-"
" Enough," He shakes his head, stopping me from finishing my sentences before he grins," Look, you don't have to keep acting tough," James chuckles before he pulls the corner of his mouth as he stares at me.

He let out a rush of breath before he finally looks away, " You have no idea the length I had to go through just to find you here, so please, Grace, sit down." James chuckles before his expression changes by the way he says my name, like he despises the word coming through his mouth.

I cross my hand over my chest as I try to calculate my next move on whatever plan he might been  hiding behind all those pleases. Still, I'd be lying if I say I'm not enjoying the way he's begging me to sit.

" Yeah? how do you find me?" I begin, my voice is sharp but it slightly lost in my throat before I finished it, slightly. " I'm not answering anything before you sit down," James says as he drag the empty chair and motion me to take the seat, I scoff before I look up at him, " And I'm not going to sit down until you answer my questions." I say harshly making him to look up at me, staring at me like he is running his next move inside his head.