CHAPTER 4

JAMES
_________________

" So what do you think?" Sharon's voice pulls my focus back together, I steer the wheel around and slow down by the U-turn before the main lobby," You've asked me twice in the last twenty minutes sweetheart, what else do you want me to say?" I che...

" So what do you think?" Sharon's voice pulls my focus back together, I steer the wheel around and slow down by the U-turn before the main lobby," You've asked me twice in the last twenty minutes sweetheart, what else do you want me to say?" I check on the side mirror before I nod," You look great," I nod as I look over her just in time she roll her eyes on me, I scoff dryly as I look over the window, knowing Sharon, I understand what she meant when she rolled her eyes on me which could only meant two things- either she blushed over something that I told her about, or do while the other time it means she's annoyed by something she doesn't want to talked about, and for one thing I know her rolled eyes just now meant for the later.

She's angry, I know because she spent the last few days to make it obvious and I have nothing  left to say beside admitting most of it was my fault because for once thing instead of went after her out of the venue, I chose to stay around and let myself caught into Grace's pulling wave on me, Shit, I even make things worst for not only losing the ring but also how I left Sharon by the venue, completely ignoring her when she called my name as I run to chased a thief that stole my stuff, among other things.

" If you want to lie to me at least try to be more convincing," Sharon shift on her seat, fixing her lipstick by the sun-visor mirror in front of her, most likely doing anything to afford making eye contact," What do you want me to say?" I let out a sigh as she chuckle dryly in the same time," I don't know, Barnes, but I do know one thing," Sharon pauses as she watches her reflection by the rear mirror, before finally turn around and look over me," It's been a week since Natasha's wedding, yet people are still talking about what happened," She sigh, letting out a rush of breath before she looks away," I really don't need them to keep talking and confirming about the rumors when they sees us tonight," Sharon continue, looking anywhere but my direction as I look over her,

" What rumors?" I ask shortly, watching over her after turning the wheel to neutral," That we're miserable couple," Sharon lean slightly over her shoulder as she says it, each word feels more like a sting," Since when you care what others says?" I ask before I look over her, " Do you think we're miserable?" The word slides out of my mouth without second thought, Sharon looks over me with a pause in her eyes before she sigh," I don't know," She says before she reaches for the door, walks out the car, and slam the door behind her just in time the valet steward waits by the door on my side.

" Shit," I mutter as I rush to the stairs after one of the valet staff hand me the ticket, I try to catch up on Sharon subtly without getting anyone's attention before she goes far to the main lobby," You know the event isn't even starts in ten minutes, what's the rush," I say under my breath as I take her arm, Sharon let out her practiced smile to someone she might recognized behind me and wave her free hand slightly before she drops my hand but continue taking a step closer, standing right in front of me now with as she pulls over my tie like she did twice before we left my house.