CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Giovanni sat impatiently in his office, his mind racing as he waited for Jack. He couldn't just sit there after receiving the news about his belongings. If someone was taking his things, it had to be someone from his gang. Only they knew about the hideout, and he already had a list of people he suspected.

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening cut through his thoughts. Jack walked in, dressed in a black suit and looking freshly shaved.

"Any information?" Giovanni asked, his eyes avoiding Jack's gaze.

"We have a few suspects, sir," Jack replied.

Giovanni leaned forward in his chair, locking eyes with Jack and taking a deep breath. This was the news he had been waiting for all day. If anyone dared to mess with his things, they would surely pay. He didn't want anyone to take him for granted or use him. He wanted everyone to fear him; he didn't want to be known as a softy. His father always used to say, "fake it till you make it," and that was a principle he lived by.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Giovanni exclaimed, eager to take action against those who had dared to cross him. With that said, they left the office to track down the suspects and make them pay for their transgressions.

*

*

*

As he arrived at the warehouse, he saw two men sitting on chairs, bleeding to death from torture. "If it isn't Enzo and Marco," he chuckled to himself, slowly approaching them. At that moment, all he felt was anger and rage. "Bring everyone down here. Everyone needs to understand what happens when they cross Giovanni."

Within a few minutes, everyone had gathered, and Giovanni stood behind Enzo and Marco. He could hear whispers as the crowd huddled together, but nobody dared to speak. One small move could leave them dead in that place.

"As you can all see, I have caught two thieves," he proclaimed, grabbing Enzo's hair and forcing him to face the crowd. He chuckled as he saw the fear in Enzo's eyes.

"I gave every one of you a place in my home. I treated you all like brothers," he continued, his blood boiling at the thought of their betrayal. He never expected his people to do this.

Silence hung heavily in the air, and nobody spoke. At that moment, Enzo and Marco knew that they could never regain his trust. It was already too late.

Here's my suggested revision for your story:

Giovanni released his grip on Enzo's hair and pulled out a gun. Without hesitation, he fired a single shot into Enzo's skull, putting an end to his life. Marco stood there, silent and still, knowing that he could be next.

Giovanni didn't waste another moment. He turned and walked away from the scene, making his way back to his car. As he left, it was clear to everyone present that they couldn't afford to make the same mistake as Enzo and Marco.

*

*

*

Betty lay in bed, feeling restless. For some reason, she missed Giovanni. She knew she was supposed to hate him, after all, he was the one who had kidnapped her. But as she sighed and got up from the bed, she found herself walking into the kitchen. Just as she pulled the jar of juice from the fridge, she felt strong hands wrap around her.

"You smell so good," Giovanni whispered, pressing kisses on her neck. She slowly turned around, not seeming shocked by this new side of him. He seemed to change every day, and she liked this side of him.

Giovanni let her go from his grip and grabbed her hand, leading her back to the bedroom. Betty was nervous and didn't know what to expect from him. What if he wanted to sell her? So many thoughts ran through her head, but they were suddenly interrupted by Giovanni.

"I got you something," he said, gently smiling. This was a whole new side of Giovanni, and she loved him like this. He pulled a small box out of his pocket.

Giovanni handed her the box, and as she opened it, she found a beautiful necklace with the word "love" on it. It looked expensive, and she couldn't bring herself to accept such a gift.

"Giovanni, this is just too much. I can't accept this," she said, giving the necklace back to him and avoiding eye contact.

"P-please take it," Giovanni pleaded, glancing at her. She shook her head, firmly saying no. "Please," he pleaded once more, slowly kneeling and taking hold of Betty's face, which was facing down. "Look at me," he said, looking her in the eyes.

Betty looked into Giovanni's eyes, and for a moment, she saw something in him that she had never seen before - vulnerability. She knew that he had done terrible things, but at this moment, she saw a different side of him. Tentatively, she reached out and took the necklace from the box.

"Thank you," she said softly, clasping the necklace around her neck. Giovanni smiled, relieved that she had accepted his gift.

As Betty looked at herself in the mirror, she realized that she was starting to see Giovanni in a new light. Maybe there was more to him than just his past actions. Maybe there was a chance for something more between them. Maybe he had changed.

She turned to face Giovanni, who was watching her intently. "Giovanni, can I ask you something?" she said hesitantly.

"Anything," he replied, his expression serious.

"Do you regret what you did to me? Do you feel any remorse?" Betty asked, searching his face for any sign of emotion.

Giovanni's face softened, and he took a deep breath. "Yes, Betty. I regret kidnapping you. I know I can never undo the past, but I want to make it up to you. I want to be better, for you."

Betty felt a flicker of hope inside her chest. Maybe there was a chance for them, after all. But she knew that it wouldn't be easy. They had a long way to go, both individually and together. But for the first time since her kidnapping, Betty felt a glimmer of optimism for the future.

A/N

Hiee an update hope y'all enjoy these been a few changes in the story i have edited every chapter.

Do you think Giovanni is changing?????

Enjoy reading love yall thanks for thr support keep

VOTING

SHARING

AND

COMMENTING