CHAPTER EIGHT

The man led them to a table where another man was whispering words to a lady who sat next to him. He caressed her thigh at the same time.

"Marcello!" Giovanni greeted the man, who quickly turned his attention to Giovanni. They sat down without wasting any time. "You came," Marcello asked, more like he was surprised that Giovanni had actually shown up. Giovanni gave him a small smile as he nodded his head. "And you brought your lady," Marcello said, glancing at Betty.

"I am Alessandro. Nice to meet you, Betty," he said, giving her a polite nod.

"It's Betty," she replied, making sure her voice was loud and clear for him to hear.

For ten minutes, they spoke and laughed in Italian. Betty had no idea what they were talking about, and even Angelina's expression seemed to mirror Betty's confusion.

"Lascia uscire e parlare Fiori," Alessandro said in Italian, pointing at Betty and Angelina. ("Let them talk outside.")

Betty looked at Giovanni with a confused expression. "Go have some fun, but not too much," he said, kissing her cheek before she left with Angelina.

Betty found herself following Angelina outside, holding glasses of wine. She was confused as she looked around and saw groups of women smoking. They weren't dressed in beautiful dresses like everyone inside the club. They looked cheap.

"Welcome to the family," Angelina said, giving Betty a warm smile.

"I'm not staying," Betty replied. She didn't want to stay with a guy she didn't know who had kidnapped her.

Angelina was surprised to hear her outburst. "Hasn't Giovanni told you yet, baby girl?" Betty shook her head. She had no idea who this guy was.

Angelina chuckled. "Oh, that's why you seemed lost in the first place," she giggled. "I was once in your place." This woman knew nothing, Betty thought. "I was also kidnapped," she said. "I never wanted this, but look at me now. I'm with the man I love. You know, the funny part is that I hated him, but somehow everything changed," she smiled.

"Come on, let's go back in," she said, even as the wind blew wildly around them.