CHAPTER FORTEEN

Morning came faster than usual, and Betty rubbed her eyes as she yawned and turned to the other side. Giovanni wasn't there, and she breathed a sigh of relief, not wanting to see his handsome face. She quickly sat up, remembering her nightmare and prayed that Giovanni wouldn't ask her anything. She wasn't ready to tell him anything yet.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and Giovanni stood there, clad only in a towel around his waist. Betty couldn't help but stare, and Giovanni smirked. "Like what you see?" he said, raising his eyebrows.

Betty got off the bat d and stood in front of Giovanni "I have seen better" she challenged as she put her hands on her waist "I will kill every fucking guy that fucked you" he smirked, "now and make me breakfast" he said before she could attire a word.

GIOVANNI'S POV

"Find the damn man in 27 hours," the voice on the phone barked. Giovanni let out a deep sigh and put the phone down.

It rang again, and he saw it was his mom calling. He smiled and picked up the phone. It had been a while since he had seen or spoken to his mom. "Hey, mom," he answered. "Il Mio piccolo Uomo" (my little man), she said.

"Quando pension div vistiare I'll tuo mamma?" (When are you going to visit your mom?) she asked. Giovanni always avoided her calls because she always asked him about marriage. "Presto, mamma" (soon, mom), he said, almost rolling his eyes.

"Quando è presto? Giovanni, come this weekend and have dinner with your family," she said in a demanding voice.

"Okay, mamma, anything for you," he said as he ended the call. Surprisingly, she didn't ask him about bringing a girl over. He was going to surprise her with Betty.