015| Quidditch

February 1, 1975

It was a Friday and the day before the Slytherin and Gryffindor Quidditch match. Everyone was in high spirits as they anticipated the game. Even the students in the other houses were placing bets on who would win the match. This was the most exciting rivalry game of the year. Isabella couldn't help but be excited as she sat in the common room working on her schoolwork.

"Could you please stop bouncing your leg?" Victoria asks her eyes focused on Isabella's leg.

Isabella stops and gives her friend a sheepish smile. "Sorry, the excited energy is just contagious."

"I don't understand why. It's just a bunch of kids flying around and hitting balls at each other," Victoria rolls her eyes as she erases something on her piece of parchment. Instead of revising, Victoria was drawing something on her large sketchpad. She had her knees pulled up and the pad resting on them so Isabella couldn't see what she was working on. Victoria had always been secretive with her work. Victoria looks up again with a wicked grin, "It sounds like a bad porno, really."

"Well maybe if you tried to get into the game you'd have a little more fun," Isabella suggests rolling her eyes at her friend's dirty joke.

"I show up don't I?" Victoria asks before returning to her drawing. Isabella sighs, knowing the conversation is over. The girl turns back to her work, hoping Victoria is in a better mood for the game tomorrow.

After a few minutes of working, a loud laugh from across the common room disrupts Isabella. She looks up to see no other than Melinda Borgin lounging on the arm of the sofa Lance was sitting on. She was making a huge show of throwing her head back and laughing at whatever Lance was saying. When he spoke she would look at him through her eyelashes and bat them whenever he glanced up at her. It was obvious that Lance was enjoying the attention, as a smug smile kept appearing on his face. Isabella looked away, feeling her stomach grow queasy just from watching them.

"It's kind of gross isn't it?" Corban Yaxley asks plopping down on the couch beside Victoria. "The way she's all over him, she looks desperate. Personally, I like a girl who plays hard to get."

Yaxley looks directly at Victoria as he says this. He waits for her to indicate that she had heard him but she just continues sketching. She tilts her sketchpad slightly so that Yaxley wasn't able to see her drawing. Disgustingly enough, Yaxley seems to become more amused by this.

"C'mon now Reynolds," Yaxley drawls nudging her slightly. "I know you only went to the ball with Barty to get a rise out of me. You can stop playing games now though, I'll be leaving Hogwarts after next year so I suppose it's time for us to start getting to know each other."

Victoria finally dropped the act after this. She slams her sketchpad closed and stands up swiftly. "Yaxley you are the vilest and most disgusting man I have ever met, I will never get to know you, so leave me the hell alone," Victoria growls. Her eyes turn several shades darker and her face is pink from anger. She looked terrifying, but Yaxley only seemed to gain more amusement from this.

"It's funny that you think you have a choice," he chuckles standing up as well so that they were eye to eye. He gets closer to her face and whispers, "But last time I checked sweetheart, Yaxley is way above Reynolds in rank. So, I'd watch who I was speaking to."

Isabella stands up too, feeling her anger growing exponentially. Seeing Yaxley talk to her best friend like this made her want to punch him into the next week. Isabella stands beside Victoria, letting her know she was there to back her up in any way possible. Yaxley's dark eyes were looking between the two of them in an amused way.

"Last time I checked, Black is above both of them," Regulus's voice says from behind Yaxley.

The entire group turns to see him standing there still in his school robes. Barty is by his side, of course, looking furious, but it didn't compare to the look on Regulus's face. Regulus looked like he would use the Killing Curse right here if there weren't so many people around watching. Even though Regulus was a head shorter than Yaxley, he made Yaxley cower in fear.