022| Valentine's Day

February 14, 1975

Sirius woke up in a foul mood. It was Valentine's day, and Sirius hated the stupid love holiday. His mood was made even fouler as he walked to the Great Hall and found the castle covered in pink and red decorations. There were paper hearts floating all throughout the hall and tinsel hanging in every doorway. It made Sirius ill.

"You've got to be kidding me," Sirius grumbled when he picked up a waffle and it was in a heart shape.

"Oh c'mon Siri, don't be so cynical," James tuts as he shakes heart-shaped sprinkles on his own waffle. "It's the day of love."

Sirius glares at his friend and grabs a biscuit, luckily it was shaped like a circle. Sirius made a point to only eat normal foods and nothing that had to do with hearts or love. When the morning post came, many envelopes were red or pink and several owls carried heart-shaped packages. Sirius didn't bother to look for his owl, because he never received mail.

Remus's owl, which was an old, brown, barn owl, brought him a red envelope from his mother. Hope Lupin had sent him a card along with some chocolate. Peter's mother also sent him a basket of sweets. James's parents sent him a letter as well as a tin of cookies. Sirius was surprised when a grey owl landed in front of him. It carried a red, heart-shaped box and two envelopes.

"Who's it from?" Peter asks curiously as he tries to read the envelope over Sirius's shoulder.

Sirius elbows Peter away. This wasn't his family owl, but he was still scared it was an angry letter from his mother. Sirius opened the first letter and found that it was from Euphemia and Fleamont Potter. They wished him a Happy Valentine's day and hoped he enjoyed the chocolates. Sirius couldn't stop the wide grin from spreading across his face.

"It's from your parents," Sirius tells James. James gives him a knowing smile.

"You have always been their favorite," James reasons. Sirius had spent many Christmases and spring holidays at Potter manor. Although, he always had to hide it from his family and tell them he was staying at Hogwarts. Euphemia and Fleamont were wonderful though, they treated Sirius like family. "Who's the other one from?" James asks.

Sirius opens the letter and is hit with an overwhelming smell of floral perfume. He scrunches his nose as he reads the card. The front had a bowl of cereal on it and the inside said 'I cereal-sly love you.' Sirius looks at the back but discovers there was no name.

"That's strange, no one signed it," Sirius says handing it to James to examine.

James and Remus, who is sitting next to him, both look the card over. "Looks like you have a secret admirer," Remus teases after handing the card back to Sirius.

"Who do you think it is?" Sirius asks looking around the hall to see if anyone was watching him open the card. Everyone seemed to be engrossed in their own mail though.

"It has to be from Isabella," Remus says smirking over the brim of his coffee mug.

Sirius's heart picks up pace at Remus's words. He looks over to the Slytherin table to see Isabella with her face scrunched up in disgust as she and Victoria read over a letter together. She tucks a short strand of hair behind her ear as she rolls her eyes and looks up. At that moment, they lock eyes. Sirius's heart sinks as he is caught in the act. They hold each other's gaze for a moment before Isabella raises her middle finger to him and returns her attention to Victoria.

"Yep, definitely Isabella," James confirms sarcastically. Peter and Remus snicker at James and Sirius gives all three of his friends the finger.

"Well I noticed you haven't gotten any mail from Lily," Sirius says averting their attention from himself.