014| The Multiple Identities of Isabella Wright

January 25, 1975

"I just think it's a little lame that you're ditching us to go on a date with Reggie," Victoria tells her best friend with a scrunch of her nose.

"I think it's pretty lame too," Isabella agrees as Aurora braids her hair. The girls were all getting ready together in their dorm. Today was Isabella's big date with Regulus. She was anxious, she knew there was a lot of pressure on her today.

"At least one of us got the boy," Jackie says. The room goes quiet at that comment. Jackie had a playful smile on her face but her words were anything but playful. They held anger that made Isabella's stomach drop.

"I'm sorry Jackie, you know I'm only doing this because of my parents," Isabella mutters guiltily. It sounded pathetic and she hated herself for even saying it. Isabella had no interest in Regulus and Jackie was infatuated with the boy. If she was braver, Isabella would back down and let Jackie have him.

"It's not like any of us will get to marry for love anyway," Jackie shrugs and grabs a magazine from her bedside table. She begins flipping through the pages of Witches Weekly, seeming to have gotten the anger out of her system.

"Like hell," Victoria says crossing her arms over her chest. "I've decided I'm not going to marry that thing the Crouch's call Barty. Aren't you guys tired of your parents making all your decisions for you?"

"Well it's not that easy for some of us," Aurora shrugs placing the braid over Isabella's shoulder. She looks at Isabella through the mirror, her eyes slightly gazed over, her mind clearly somewhere else.

"Have you even tried?" Victoria asks, her tone fierce.

"Have you met my parents?" Isabella laughs trying to lighten the mood again. She couldn't deal with a fight between her friends today, even if she knew they'd make up by the end of the week.

"Whatever," Victoria shrugs sensing that no one was in the mood. "Let's just get to Hogsmeade. I think if I wear my hat low enough they'll serve me firewhiskey."

"I'm sure they will," Isabella encourages sarcastically. Any other time, Victoria probably could get served alcohol. However, on Hogsmeade days there's always staff lurking and the bartenders are extra precautions.

The girls had agreed to walk to Hogsmeade together and split up once they got there. Much of the walk there was spent arguing over who looked the closest to eighteen. After much debate, they concluded that it was Isabella. Unfortunately, she refused to buy alcohol for them. Then the girls began talking about their classes. Aurora was constantly trying to one-up the girls when she spoke about her grades and bragged about how easily school came to her.

"Good thing she's so humble," Victoria snickers under her breath to Isabella.

"It's probably really hard for her to be the smartest and prettiest," Isabella jokes back. This causes Victoria to let out a snort of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Aurora asks raising a dark brow at the best friends. "Certainly you weren't laughing about me being Head Girl?"

"We certainly weren't," Victoria confirms trying to hold back a smile. "Why would I disrespect the future Minister for Magic?"

"You really think I could be the Minister?" she asks her face lighting up with excitement. Isabella almost felt sorry for Aurora, she couldn't tell she was being teased. To be fair, Aurora was incredibly smart, but there wasn't a huge chance that she would become the Minister. Especially if her family had anything to do with it. The Rosiers adored their son Evan, Aurora was always a mere afterthought. If she was ever offered the position of Minister, they would make her give it to her brother, no matter how illegal it may be.