☞P R O L O G U E

Roselyn Belo

Sunday, 11:36pm:

The rain drops pitter patter on my window, lighting bolts appear and disappear before I even have the chance to see them, the sky rumbles loudly. I sit at my bay window in my bedroom, reading quietly with candles burning on my shelves and my cat purring peacefully.

Startling me, I hear three soft knocks on my window. My heart beat increases as I slowly crane my head to look out of the window. There crouches my boyfriend whom I haven't seen for six months.

Immediately, I scramble to open my window wide enough for him to climb through. As soon as I can, I wrap my arms around his neck and jump up to secure my legs around his waist, not caring if he soaked me after being in the rain for as long as he had.

"Nate!" I squeal, giggling as tears brim in my eyes. He stands tense, tightly securing his arms around me to keep me up.

"I fucking love you so much," He mumbles against my goose bump covered skin, burying his face between my neck and shoulder. "I missed you so much baby, I came straight here." He says, I let the tears fall.

"I love you too," I cry, kissing his neck. "Did you walk all the way?" I ask, he nods against me.

"I would've picked you up." I say, squeezing him tightly before unwrapping my legs around his waist to stand.

"I wanted to surprise you, the guys and my parents don't even know I'm out." He says, still hugging me.

I shut the window and close the curtains before stripping him from his soaking wet clothes. I wrap him up in my fuzzy blanket and quickly begin to run the water into the bathtub in my bathroom.

He sits on the edge of the bed, naked and collecting warmth from the heater I switched on and directed at him. "I'm never going back there again." He promises, I straddle his lap and run my fingers through his wet, curly hair.

"I know, I'm not letting you." I reply and rest my head on his shoulder, kissing his soft skin.

When his bath is ready, I tell him to get in and sit on the edge of the tub. "I don't want to hear of that place again, six months is way too long." I say, drizzling water over his head with my hand.

"I know baby, I know," he sighs, reaching up to hold my hand. "Get in with me." He pouts, batting his long lashes at me.

I strip and climb in without another word, slotting in between his legs with my back against his chest. He wraps his muscular arms around me and holds my hands against my stomach. "I love you Roselyn." He whispers, stroking my wet skin with his thumb.

"I love you too Nate."

Monday, 12:48pm:

The sun is beaming down on me, burning my exposed skin. There's a nice breeze brushing past me, cooling me down just enough. Birds chirp, people pass by with smiles on their faces, it's an over all lovely day.

I sit down, wincing as the back of my thighs connect with the hot wood, at one of the outside tables with my ice cold milkshake and small cupcake. I'm waiting at my favourite bakery, the meeting place me and Nate agreed to.

I push my reading glasses up my nose and begin reading, occasionally sipping my drink and checking the time on my watch. My turquoise summer dress contrasted with my tanned skin greatly, my white high top converse too.

It's been fifteen minutes since the time we agreed to meet, I sigh and continue reading.

1:03pm:

"Hey uh it's been a while since 12:30, I just wanna' know you're okay, I don't mind if you can't make it. Uh so yeah, call me back." I hang up and put my phone down, resuming my reading.

I wasn't mad that Nate was late, I was quite happy to sit here in the sun and read, I didn't mind if he wanted to skip lunch or not. I was satisfied with or without him for the time being.

2:27pm:

"Well I take it you're not coming huh? I'm leaving now, it's too hot so if you get this come and meet me at my house. Call me back." I shove my phone into my small bag and pack up my book and headphones.

I take a nice stroll back to my house and walk in to see my brothers watching TV. "Hey." I grin, sitting on the back of the couch.

"What's up?" River mutters, not taking his eyes off the baseball game on the TV screen.

"Nothing, you guys coming for a swim? I need to cool down." I ask, standing up to begin walking to the staircase.

I don't wait for their reply before jogging up the stairs to my room and changing into my bikini. I grab my phone, headphones and suntan lotion before heading down to the garden where our swimming pool and sun loungers are.

"Race ya!" I hear Rito laugh before he and River sprint past me and dive into the pool.

I laugh at them and lay down on a lounger, I plug my headphones in and relax listening to Vance Joy.

3:17pm:

My phone ringing wakes me up, I unplug my headphones and answer. River and Rito have settled for laying on the inflatables; tanning just like I.

"Hello?" I answer, the sun was shining on my phone so I couldn't see the screen.

"C-Can you let me in? I'm outside." Nate asks, I nod and stand up to walk through the house and open one of the double doors, I hang up when I see him.

His eyes are blood shot, his face is freshly shaven and his hair is dishevelled. "What's up?" I furrow my eyebrows, noticing how something is odd, he looks sad.

He remains silent, I let him in. I grab his hand and take him upstairs to grab a pair of swimming shorts from one of my brother's rooms. He stays silent, watching my every move.

"Nate what's wrong?" I ask, running my fingers through his tangled hair.

"My parents kicked me out." He replies.

• • •

What do you think?

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama