☞S I X

Roselyn Belo

Saturday, 9:22am:

The knives and forks clank against the plates. The bright, orange ball in the sky shines in on us during this early hour of the morning, the radio plays quietly in the corner.

"So Dad, what time is this party tonight?" I question, cutting my bacon.

"It is not a party Roselyn, it is a farewell, now you must remember that." He sternly looks at me, and with that; I know Mom had told him about my fiasco with the wine tasting.

"Okay." I mutter, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

After breakfast and feeding Winston, I grab my phone and sit outside in the still raising sun.

To Gracie💃🏻: Can you come over and help me get ready tonight?💕

From Gracie💃🏻: Sure, will Luke be there?💕

To Gracie💃🏻: Yes, behave yourself😐

I head up to my room with a nice idea. I press Nate's number and hold my phone to my ear.

"Hey babe," his raspy morning voice greets, I smile and lay down on my bed. "Good morning."

"Good morning to you too, are you busy?" I ask.

"No I just woke up. Why what's up?" He questions, sounding concerned.

"Nothing, I just need to speak to you," I shrug, standing up to walk to my wardrobe and change. "Can I come over?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll pick you up." He says.

"No need, I want some fresh air." I giggle, picking out some skinny, ripped jeans with a white, sleeveless crop top.

"Okay, I'll see you soon baby, I love you."

"I love you too." I reply before hanging up.

I shower and change into my outfit before putting on some white frilly socks and white converse. I dry and straighten my dark, brown hair and apply some light makeup.

10:18am:

I smile as the door opens, Sam's mom stands there with a welcoming smile on her face. "Roselyn honey, I haven't seen you in so long! Aw you've grown!" She gushes, pulling me into a hug.

I laugh and hug her back, enjoying her happy vibes. "It's been too long, how are you?" I ask, she shuts the door behind me and leads me to the kitchen.

"Great, how have you been? I saw your mom the other day but I didn't have time to stop by and say hello." She says, flicking the coffee machine on.

"Alright actually, the weather has been great hasn't it?" I giggle, sitting down at the breakfast bar on one of the tall stools. I put my bag on the counter and rest on chin on my palm.

"Lovely, me and the girls went to the beach on Thursday, we would have invited you but nobody answered the phone." She replies, leaning on the counter by the coffee machine; waiting for it to be ready.

"Yeah me and my mom went out for the day, she took the day off." I shrug, hearing footsteps echo throughout the house.

"Aw that's lovely, how is your mom?" She questions, pouring the coffee into two cups.

"She's great, busy with work but she's doing good." I smile, thanking her as she hands me a cup.

Nate walks into the room, wearing nothing but his sweats hanging low on his hips, exposing the elastic of his Calvin Kleins. His hair is messy, he looks so hot. "Nate put some clothes on." I laugh, feeling awkward with my boyfriend half naked in front of his best friend's mom.

"Oh it's okay honey, he's always like that," Lori laughs, dismissing me with a wave of her hand. She picks up her coffee and smiles as Nate wraps his arms around me from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder. "I'll leave you two to it, no sex though." She scolds playfully before leaving with a magazine tucked under her arm.

"So you ditched me for Lori huh?" Nate laughs, sitting down on the stool beside me. He spins me to face him and slots my legs between his, placing his hands on my thighs.

"No, I was just chatting having a coffee." I giggle, leaning over to kiss him softly.

"Ditching me," he jokes and kisses my lips again. "So what's up?" He questions, running his hands up and down my thighs.

"We're going to have to push dinner back to tomorrow night, I forgot I'm busy tonight." I state, resting my elbow on the counter.

"What's keeping my girl from me for the night?" He frowns.

"Well my dad asked me last night to be his PA's date for the farewell party which is tonight, it was last minute because Luke couldn't find a date." I sigh, already knowing Nate isn't going to be happy.

Nate raises his eyebrow at me. "Did you have a choice?"

"No not really," I shrug. He's quiet, I look up at him and see him staring at me. "What?"

"Well if you didn't have a choice it's not like you're ditching me, again." He laughs, I roll my eyes.

"I wasn't ditching you, I was just catching up." I defend.

"I know," he chuckles, pulling the stool I sit on closer to him. "How old is this Luke?"

"Like nineteen or something," I shrug. "Actually he may be twenty."

"Have you met him before?"

"Yes, our dads are friends." I answer.

"Does he like you?"

"What? How am I supposed to know that?" I ask.

"When you met him did he show any signs of liking you?" He rephrases, I roll my eyes.

"It was like years ago," I laugh. "Nate chill, nothing's going to happen. Mom and Dad are going too, it's not a proper date." I assure, cupping his face.

"Well if your Mom and Dad are going then that's fine, just dress horribly and don't brush your teeth and there won't be any problems." He grins and kisses me.

"Nothing is going to happen," I repeat, wrapping my arms around his neck to play with his hair at the back of his head. "Oh how was your first night?" I smile, remembering how he had work last night.

"It was alright," he shrugs. "It pays."

"Do you get paid every night up front or every month or something?" I ask, deciding to keep my extra money from my dad a secret, maybe I can surprise them.

"Uh every night we work, $7.50 an hour for 8pm to 3am every night of the week except for Saturdays and Sundays." He shrugs, ravelling his arms around my waist to lay his forehead on my shoulder.

"That's good." I say, stroking his hair.

"It's whatever." He shrugs.

• • •

What do you think is gonna happen in this story? I wanna know what you think😋

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama