☞O N E

Nathan Maloley

Monday, 3:27pm:

Roselyn stares at me, looking adorable with her dark, thick eyebrows furrowed and her lip between her teeth. She looks so beautiful in her black strap bikini, her skin looks so soft and her eyes are sparkling in the sunlight that floods into her bedroom.

"They what?" She questions, moving to sit in front of me on the side of her bed.

"They kicked me out." I repeat with a shrug, I got over the fact when I got high earlier on. I lost track of time and felt guilty when I listened to her voice mails, she left me after waiting an hour or two for me at the bakery.

"Why?" She asks softly, placing her small hand on my knee.

"Roselyn I just got out of jail, they found out I smoke, do drugs and drink, I had a gun too," I scoff, she winces at the harsh truth. "There's no way they'd allow me to step foot on the driveway ever again, never mind live in the house."

She looks down, fiddling with my hand on my lap. "Your decisions don't matter." She says, I roll my eyes.

"Baby stop trying to defend me, I was in jail for six months, that's fucked up for a nineteen year old." I laugh drily, she looks up at me and frowns, making her look even cuter.

"But that's no reason to kick you out, everybody makes mistakes." She argues, letting go of my hand which made me frown.

"Can you keep it down?" I hiss, remembering how her parents believe I was at a basketball convention in California, they would kill me if they found out where I really was. It was hard enough to convince them to allow me to date her all those years ago, they wasn't happy that I was interested in making hip hop music over law or any other upper class career choice of their kind.

"Mom and Dad are at work." she says, standing up to walk to her walk inwardrobe.

Her brothers are fine with me as long as I don't break her heart. Five years and we're still going strong.

"I fucked up okay? I done wrong and there's no excusing that. I'm officially homeless so let's leave it at that." I say, she giggles and walks out in one of my hoodies. I bite my lip as she pushes me back into the bed and climbs on beside me, she cuddles to my side with her arm and leg laying over me.

"You're not homeless you idiot, you're staying here no questions." She replies, I shake my head.

"I can't let that happen. Your parents breathing down my neck 24/7? No thanks." I laugh, she laughs too.

"Nate I'm not letting you leave this house, I'll tie you up if I have to." She giggles, rolling over to straddle my hips and sit up. I stroke her soft, tanned skin with my thumb and stare up at her.

"So you're into that kink huh?" I wink, making her blush and cover her face with her hands.

"Shut up," she giggles, leaning down to lay her head on my chest.

Roselyn Belo

6:03pm:

"Rosa!" I hear my dad yell, I immediately pull my lips off Nate's.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I yell back, rushing around my room to collect some suitable clothes and change, Nate laughs as he watches me.

After changing into sweatpants and a spaghetti strap top, I jog down the stairs and spot my mom. "Where's dad?" I ask.

"In his office." She answers, taking off her suit jacket.

I make my way to his office and knock loudly. "Come in." He calls, I do so.

The lights are dim, sparkling on his bar full of alcoholic beverages and glasses. Soft music plays in the background of his coughing. My dad is a middle aged, wealthy, Brazilian man. He grew up in Brazil and moved to New York twenty years ago, where he met my mom, before he and she both moved to settle down in Nebraska.

"Hey dad," I smile, taking a seat in the chair in front of his desk. "You wanted me?"

He coughs into his tissue and drops it into the bin, nodding his head. "Yeah uh, I want to talk to you about Nathan." He says, I gulp.

"What about him?" I question, he chuckles.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about...his basketball convention." He says, looking at me as if I just told him aliens were invading the world.

"O-Oh, uh it went great, he's upstairs if you want to speak to him." Shoot! Did I just throw him under the bus? Ugh.

"Oh really? Great, bring him down." He grins, walking over to his bar to collect a glass of something strong.

I nod silently and walk back up to my room, hoping Nate didn't mind that he had to now make a story of lies up to my father's face.

"Baby before I say anything just know I'm sorry." I sigh, flopping onto my bed beside him.

"What have you done?" He groans, rubbing his hands over his face.

"I may or may not have told my dad that you'd tell him all about the basketball convention." I mumble quickly, hugging him tightly.

"Rosie!" He groans, kicking his legs up and down like a child.

"You'll be fine! Just like...make it up." I try not to laugh as he climbs off the bed with an unhappy pout on his face.

"Fine but you owe me, big time." He says before walking out.

7:11pm:

"How did it go?" I ask as Nate walks into my bedroom.

He groans in response and lays on his stomach on my bed, laying his forehead over his arm. "Baby I'm sorry," I pout, resting my head on his shoulder. "What can I do to make it up to you?" I ask, tracing patterns on his back.

He lifts his head up, a smirk playing on his lips. "Let's go to a motel." He suggests, I giggle at our code.

Let's go to a motel means let's go and have sex so nobody can walk in on us and we can be as loud as we want.

And to be honest; I'm all for that idea. Six months is way too long.

"Let's go." I giggle, standing up to get ready.

• • •

How is it?

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama