☞F I V E

Roselyn Belo

Friday, 11:34am:

The sun shines through the window, burning my eyes. The TV is the only noise in the room, or at least the only I can hear, and it's way too loud.

"It hurts." I groan, covering my ears. Somebody grabs my wrists to pull my hands away from my face.

"What does baby?" Nate asks, I gasp in surprise and roll over to cuddle into him, wincing as I knock my head on his chest.

"My head," I whine. "It hurts."

He picks up the TV remote and turns it off, soothing my head just a little bit. "Here, your mom brought you some headache pills and water, and coffee." He says, reaching over to the bedside table. I groan and sit up, wincing as my head ache gets worse.

"Thanks," I croak out, taking the glass and pills from his hands. "When did you get here?" I ask, confused.

He laughs, too loud for my liking, he notices my discomfort and stops. "Sorry baby," he apologises, kissing my head. "What's the last thing you remember?" He whispers.

"The wine tasting, I drank them all and Mom dragged me out and took me home, I liked one of them and remembered there was a bottle similar in the basement." I whisper back, rubbing my forehead.

He snickers, cuddling into my side. "You crazy girl."

I roll over so we're in a spooning position. "I just want cuddles all day." I yawn, closing my eyes.

3:51pm:

I yawn and roll over, feeling a little better than earlier. "Ah, you're finally awake." Rito walks in.

I look to my side, furrowing my eyebrows when I see I'm alone. "He had to go somewhere, said he'd be back later," Rito chuckles, laying down beside me. I look at him weirdly. "What? Can't I spend some time with my baby sister?" He questions, I roll my eyes and reach over for the remote control to turn on the TV.

"Where's River?" I ask.

"At baseball practice, he has a game tomorrow." He answers, spreading out like a star fish across my bed.

I shove him back to his side, whining about him taking up the bed. "Rito move!" I groan.

"Ah ah, what's the magic word?" He smirks, I slap his chest.

"Now!" I answer, using all my strength to move him but he doesn't budge.

"Where's your manners? Mom and Dad brought you up better than that little Rosa." He mocks, I successfully shove him off the bed.

6:29pm:

"Roselyn I need your help honey." Dad says, walking into my room. I fold my page and put down my book, Winston jumps up onto the window seat beside me and purrs for attention.

"Sure, what's up?" I smile, placing my reading glasses on the top of my head.

"I need you to be my PA's date for the upcoming CEO farewell tomorrow night, Mr Anderson is leaving." He says, loosening his tie and undoing his top button.

With my dad being CEO of a big car dealership, he's always going to parties with other CEO's, it's all just a bitch show.

Wives will cover themselves in makeup, buy new gowns and show off on their husband's arm. The men will brag about their companies and pretend to get on with each other, it's all pathetic.

"Please docinho, he doesn't have anybody to go with." Dad pleads.

"Uh dad I have a boyfriend remember." I frown, looking at him as if he had just grown two heads.

He groans. "Yes I know Roselyn but invitations are all plus ones, Luke needs a date, how bad will it look if he turns up alone? He's my PA, he needs to look good for me." He pleads, crouching down in front of me to hold my hand.

"Can't you get somebody else to?" I whine, knowing I'm going to have to go to please him.

"No docinho, please, I'll bump up your allowance for the month." He blackmails.

He has me.

7:23pm:

"So you're going to go with him?" Grace asks, throwing popcorn up in the air to catch it.

"I've no choice now, I need all the money I can get." I shrug.

She succesfully catches a piece of popcorn in her mouth, squealing in victory as she chews it. "Have you met him? Is he hot?" She questions, her eyebrow arched at me.

"I've met him when I was like fifteen, my dad took his dad's job because he was moving to a different company so we had family dinners with his every so often. He's attractive, you'll drool over him for sure, but he's not Nate hot." I giggle, she gags playfully.

"Can I come?" She asks excitedly.

"No, it's invitation and plus ones only but I'll give him your number." I wink, she lifts her hand for a high five right as my phone begins to ring.

I slap her hand and look at the caller ID; Nate💘

"Hi baby." I answer, Grace mimics me quietly and gags.

"Hey, I was gonna' come over later but my boss called and asked us to come in for training. I'll come over tomorrow though." He says.

"Nate don't worry about it, you don't have to be with me 24/7." I giggle, picking at the threads on my bedding.

"I know but I want to, I want to take you out for dinner tomorrow too." He mentions, I can tell he's smiling.

"But that's spending money that you need for California, save up." I tell him, Grace looks at me weirdly; I hadn't told her about Nate and Sam's plans.

"Have you spoke to your parents about it?" He chirps.

"No, not yet anyway." I reply.

"So LA isn't confirmed yet." He states, I roll my eyes.

"Nathan Maloley, you cannot plan your career and future around me, don't worry about what my parents say; just worry about the money you're saving. It'll all work itself out." I promise.

"No promises baby," he sighs. "Well I gotta' go to work now, I'll call you in the morning." He says, I pout.

"Okay," I sigh. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I hang up and immediately Grace floods with questions.

"Is he leaving you? Are you moving with him? Has he left you for Sam? Is he moving to California? When? Why?"

I leave her be and decide to answer when she's quiet.

"He and Sam have a plan to move to California to start their music career properly but they have to wait until they have enough money which is why they've now got jobs. But the problem is Nate saying he won't go if I can't go and you know how my parents are, they want me to grow up in Omaha and die here. But yeah, that's it really." I explain.

My best friend pouts. "You're leaving me?"

"No, you idiot, did you not listen to a word I've just said? It's not been confirmed yet." I reply, shoving her shoulder.

"But you'll go and leave me forever and forget about me and then I'll have to be alone for the rest of my life with hundreds of cats and die all alone." She whines, I laugh at her exaggeration.

"Don't be stupid, if we go you can come too." I say, holding my pinky finger up to her.

She wraps hers around mine and smiles happily.

• • •

Not very many cute moments in this chapter, I'll make up for it in the next chapter tomorrow💕

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama