☞E I G H T

Roselyn Belo

Sunday, 10:12pm:

"I don't know, he's just too touchy feely, I don't like it." I reply to my friend who sits in front of me, playing around on her phone.

"Did you slap him?" She questions, not lifting her eyes from the phone screen.

"What? No, of course not." I shake my head, flipping through the TV channels.

"You should have slapped him, better yet, I would have slapped him for you." She grins, looking up at me for a moment before resuming on her phone.

"Am I over reacting? It was only a kiss on my cheek, no harm done huh?"

"Of course not, you've got a boyfriend who you love and he is not okay to straight up touch your leg and kiss your cheek. Those are your legs, your cheeks which should only be touched and kissed by Nate, I'm sure Nate wouldn't be happy to hear about this." She says, I roll my eyes.

"We're not telling Nate, that's just unnecessary drama. Just let's forget about it all and move on, I'm still waiting for my money." I frown, looking over to my bedside clock to check the time.

My dad said he'd be back from the bank with my money at 11am, it's still only 10:15am.

"I'm bored, let's go to the water park!" Grace grins.

I giggle at her childlike behaviour of bouncing up and down on my bed. "Fine, let me go call Nate." I laugh and grab my phone. I walk into my wardrobe and begin picking out my outfit whilst jamming my phone between my ear and shoulder to master two things at once.

"Hi baby." He answers sleepily.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I apologise, looking at two different t-shirts of choice.

"Yeah but it's whatever, what's up?" He asks, yawning afterwards.

"Me and Grace are heading down to the water park, do you and Sammy want to come?" I ask, lowering my voice so Grace can't hear me continue. "We can low key set them up." I giggle mischieviously.

"Baby, Sam isn't looking to settle down for a girlfriend. He'll only get what he wants and leave her, leaving you to pick up the pieces." He sighs.

"You never know, they've never really spent a full day together alone. Come on, just invite him." I whine, picking out some denim shorts.

"Okay baby, for you." He replies, I smile.

11:23pm:

After meeting my dad at the bank, I collected my money and banked it before driving to Sam's house with Grace. I picked up the boys and continued the journey out of town to the nearest water park, it's the perfect sunny sunday for some fun.

I park in a space close to the entrance and soon we're all by the pool setting our stuff down at four loungers.

"It's so nice out today." I comment whilst unbuttoning my white denim shorts.

"I'd much rather be at home sleeping but yeah, it's great." Grace responds sarcastically, also undressing.

"Uh excuse you, you're the one who suggested we come here." I laugh, slipping my shorts off.

"I know and I'm kinda' regretting it now." She laughs, slipping hers off.

We were too busy gossiping to notice the boys staring. Nate kept his hazel eyes trained on me, biting his lip as he watches my every move. Sammy smirks as he watches Grace, enjoying the show. "Baby come put some suntan lotion on my back please." Nate pouts, tossing the bottle to me before laying down on the outside lounger on his stomach.

I roll my eyes at him, as Sammy and Grace laugh together, before straddling his butt to squirt the cream onto his muscular back.

I give him a massage too, feeling generous, making him quietly moan for only me to hear. I snicker. "You like that baby?" I question innocently, climbing off to put the lotion on my legs, arms, stomach and shoulders. I'm naturally tanned enough, I don't really need anymore tan.

Nate groans, obviously enjoying my application a little too much. "I got you." He smirks, taking the bottle from my hands to return a favour. He makes me sit between his legs.

He does the same as I did to him, only I managed to keep myself together.

"You two literally make me want to vomit." Grace scrunches her nose up in disgust as she and Sammy watch the scene unfold.

"Oh shut up, just because you're single." I smirk, resting my chin on my knees as Nate continues to rub my back slowly.

"Whatever." She mumbles, unhappy without a witty comeback.

We all laugh.

1:34pm:

I've done my fair bit of laying down in the sun now, it's time to go join the boys and Grace on the water slides. I push everybody's loungers together with our towels over them so people know they're taken, all of our stuff is in the lockers we rented.

I walk around the park, looking for my people before finally finding them at the wave pool. I seretly climb in and swim up behind Sammy, pushing his shoulders down beneath the water for a second before allowing him back up.

Thank God it was Sammy.

"Jesus Rose, you scared the life outta' me." He breathes heavily, recovering from his shock.

I giggle innocently and apologise sincerely before swimming over to Nate. He smiles and kisses me as soon as he can, cupping the backs of my thighs to wrap my legs around his waist. I rest my arms on his shoulders and play with his wet hair. "Finally got enough sleep?" He chuckles, winking at me.

God bless this man.

"Yeah." I giggle, kissing his lips.

"As cute as you two are, can you please keep your hands to yourself, the waves are about to come." Sammy says, high fiving Grace's hand.

Nate and I roll our eyes at them and kiss for longer to annoy them. We laugh and hear the warning for the waves.

"You ready?" Nate asks, shifting me so my back is to his chest and his arms are secured around my waist tightly, keeping me above the water since I wasn't moving my arms.

"Yeah, I love the wave pool." I giggle.

"Can you even touch the bottom?" He laughs, I blush.

"Shut up, just because you're really tall doesn't mean I'm small," I pout, he quickly spins me around and bites my bottom lip before pushing me back into our previous position. "Why are you so against me sticking my lip out?" I ask, realising I hadn't asked him over the years of him doing it.

"Because it gives me so many dirty thoughts, it's unhealthy." He replies in a whisper by my ear right before the first wave comes.

• • •

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama