☞N I N E T E E N

Roselyn Belo

Saturday, 9:03pm:

I pull up and sigh, seeing my boyfriend pick up a stone from the sidewalk and throw it at his family's house, a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand.

I unbuckle my seat belt but Sammy grabs my arm, shaking his head. "You stay here, I'll go get him." He says before jumping out. I sigh and cross my arms stubbornly, watching Sammy walk up to Nate and try to get the stone from his hand.

"You fucking ruin everything! I hate you, I hate you all!" Nate screams, a vein popping out in his neck as he lifts his arm and launches the stone at a window; smashing it.

Sammy grabs his arms to pull him towards the car but Nate pushes him away, cursing at the empty house. He turns around, almost tripping over his own feet, to look for something else to throw.

Again, Sammy tries to get him to the car but fails, falling to the ground after Nate pushed him away. "Fucking leave me alone!" He yells, picking something up to throw it at the house.

I can't just sit here.

Climbing out, I shiver in the cold breeze, wrapping my arms around myself to keep some body heat. I slam the car door shut, earning their attention.

Nate breaks down, crying as he drops the half full bottle of Jack Daniels and speed walks over to me. I hold my arms out for him, a weak smile on my lips. "B-Baby," He sobs, dropping to his knees in front of me. "I-I-I'm sor-sorry, I'm so f-fucking sorry." He cries, covering his face with his hands.

I drop my arms to my side, frowning as I crouch down in front of him, despite my period's protest. "You have nothing to be sorry about Nate, just let us take you home and it'll all blow over." I coo, wrapping my arms around him, I kiss his head and stroke his cold skin.

He mumbles something in response, I kiss his head again and cup his face. "Come on, you need to sleep." I state and stand up, he picks himself up and wraps his arms around me.

I nod my head at Sammy as he climbs into the drivers seat, I pull Nate along to the back seat and open the door for him.

We climb in and buckle up, Nate rests his head on my lap, I run my fingers through his hair repeatedly. "Sammy you can stay over at my house, I'll take you home in the morning." I say, he nods and turns around to drive to my house.

Sunday, 7:23am:

I wake up, feeling somebody tickle my arm, I look over my shoulder and see Nate looking back at me. "Sorry." He mumbles, shuffling closer to me to kiss the back of my neck.

"Don't be, are you okay?" I ask, covering my eyes from the sun.

"I will be once this head ache dies down." He replies, chuckling quietly.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask, grabbing his hand to pull his arm over my waist and play with his fingers, kissing the back of his hand.

"A few minutes." He shrugs his shoulder, resting his cheek against my back.

I sit up and climb out of bed, stretching out my limbs. "I'll be back in a minute." I say, smiling at Winston sleeping on my window seat before putting my slippers on and making my way down to the kitchen.

My mom and dad sit at the breakfast bar, chatting and laughing until I walk in. River and Rito are out in the back garden, doing their daily exercises before they'll run to the gym and work out for a few hours before going to their sports practices. Typical college jocks.

The room falls silent as I reach into the medication cupboard we have underneath the sink and grab some headache pills. I fix up a glass of water and go to leave but dad speaks up. "Have you invited Nathan and his parents?" He asks, focusing on his food.

"I'll get back to you on that," I say before walking back up to my room with the pills and water in hand. "Dad wants to know if you and your parents are coming for dinner tonight." I say, handing Nate his pills and water.

"Tell him yes." He replies, sitting up.

"What? Do you not recall going to your parents house to smash a window and tell them you hate them? Or them kicking you out? What makes you think they're gonna come to dinner tonight?" I ask, sitting down in front of him.

"Just tell your parents yes Roselyn, I'll sort it out." He sighs, rubbing his forehead.

I nod and hum in response, standing up to go take a shower, alone. Before walking into the bathroom, I turn around and look at him. "Sammy said he has some pretty important news for you last night, go see him." I inform before shutting and locking the door to shower.

1:02pm:

I finish my business in the diner's bathroom and walk out to see Nate staring ahead, chewing on his bottom lip. "What did he want to tell you?" I ask, referring to his phone call with Sammy, turns out Sammy made his own way home before anybody was even awake this morning.

Nate either doesn't hear me or chooses to ignore me, staring at something. I sit down and wave my hand in front of his face, earning people's attention on the next table. But I couldn't care less.

"Nate." I snap, clicking my fingers.

He blinks rapidly, looking up to meet my concerned eyes. "Huh?" He responds, rubbing his eyes.

"What's up with you lately, what's bothering you?" I ask, resting my crossed arms on the table between us.

"Noth-"

"No, Nate, it's not nothing," I interrupt, fed up of the nothings. "Tell me or I'm standing and leaving." I warn, his face drops as he sighs and rubs his forehead.

"It really is nothing, I'm just stressed and worrying about tonight." He says, I reach across to hold his hand, bringing it up to my lips to kiss his knuckles.

"We don't have to go through with it, I can tell my dad they can't come. Please Nate, just do what's best." I plead, stroking his palm with my finger tips.

"I am doing what's best, I'm gonna' tell them the whole truth."

• • •

Hoe don't do it.

Should he tell her parents everything?

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama