☞T H R E E

Nathan Maloley

Wednesday, 3:23am:

The smoke floods out of his mouth and nose, he giggles as he watches it. My eyelids are becoming heavy under the harsh, bright light in the basement we sit in. "Bro I think it's a good idea. It'll be perfect." Sam says, passing the joint to me after taking a hit.

"I-I don't know, what about Roselyn?" I ask, laying my head on the back of the couch.

"She can come with us, or if it comes to it, you just have to take turns to visit." He shrugs, I pick up a cushion and throw it at his head.

"Don't be stupid, I'm not leaving her." I frown, holding the joint between my finger and thumb.

"You won't leave her, it's just a plane ride away." He says, throwing the cushion back but he misses by a mile.

"No, if she can't come then I'm not going, her parents won't let her." I say, passing him the joint.

"Oh come on Skate, you can't live around her, you gotta' do what you gotta' do. I know you love her, she's a great girl, but this will be a good step in the right direction." He sighs.

"I'll see what she says, I'm not making no promises." I say, closing my eyes.

2:25pm:

"Thanks for meeting me." I say as I sit down on the park bench, smiling at the girl who stole my heart the day I met her.

"Your my boyfriend you idiot, of course I'm going to meet you," she giggles, reaching up to kiss me. "So what's up?" She asks happily, smiling brightly.

I smile as her dark brown eyes glimmer under the sun, making her look even more beautiful. "I uh need to ask you something." I inform.

"Oh no you're not going to propose are you?" She laughs, resting her pretty head on my shoulder.

"Not yet," I laugh, kissing the top of her head. "No uh, I just wanted to ask you what you think about moving to LA."

"What?" She asks with a confused smile, furrowing her eyebrows.

"If Sam and I were moving to LA, would you come with us?" I rephrase.

"I-I don't know, I'd have to ask my parents." She replies, picking my hand up to play with my fingers on her lap.

"And what do you think they'd say?" I question.

"Uh I don't know, I'd hope they'd say yes. Are you going to move to California?" She asks, looking up at me with her head tilted cutely.

"It's just an idea, it'll be a few months or maybe a year because we need to get jobs and save up before we do anything but I'm just wondering if you would come too." I explain, smiling as she tickles my palm.

"I'd love to come, I've always wanted to go but I don't know if my parents will let me. I could get the money, you could move earlier- not that I want you to move earlier if I can't come but-"

"Baby I understand," I chuckle, cupping her face to stare into her beautiful eyes. "But if your parents say no then I'll just save up to buy somewhere here-"

"No, you can't turn it down just for me, I can come and visit for a few days a month." She suggests, sounding unsure.

"By the way you said it I can tell you don't want to do that and I don't want you to do that. I want to see you every day," I chuckle, kissing the tip of her nose. "Just don't worry about it, we need to get the money together first." I assure, laying my arm over her shoulders.

"Okay," She mumbles. "Why do you want to move anyway?" She asks.

"You know how we used to make music in high school?" I ask, she nods. "Well we want to start it up again now I'm out but it'll be better in LA, there's better studios with better producers and it's just overall better for that career." I shrug.

She hums in response, closing her eyes as the sun shines on her face. I stare at her, thanking God a million times for winning her heart.

She's so fucking beautiful.

5:56pm:

"This is so good," Roselyn groans, swallowing her food.

I chuckle, happy that the money I would have spent of weed has bought me her happiness.

"Try some." She urges, lifting her full fork up to offer me some.

"I don't like tomatoes remember." I scrunch my nose up in disgust, laughing as she pouts. I would have bit her lip but there's a table separating us and many people surrounding us.

"Oh come on, you can hardly taste them, just try it." She whines, I roll my eyes and lean over the table for her to place the food in my mouth. She giggles at how sentimental we are.

I cringe, all I can taste is tomatoes. "That's disgusting."

She frowns and shakes her head. "No it's not, it's better than my mom's cooking." She giggles mischievously.

I smile at how adorable she is and continue eating my own dinner. "Can I take you to the movies after this?" I question, pushing my empty plate away from me.

"Of course you can, you don't have to ask me." She laughs.

"It's polite to ask." I shrug, watching her finish the last of her food.

She hums. "Right but I'm not going to see 50 Shades Of Grey," She cringes, I furrow my eyebrows and wonder when she saw that and who with. "Oh," she laughs, noticing my confusion as the waiter takes our empty plates. "Me and Grace saw it when you and my brothers were having a guys day out." She rolls her eyes, making me laugh.

"Was it good?" I ask, smirking.

She shrugs, scrunching her nose up. "I don't know, I'm not really into the ropes and whips and stuff but yeah, I suppose it was alright." She laughs.

I internally groan, thinking of the kinks I'd do to her. I smirk, leaning closer so nobody can hear me. I gesture for her to lean closer, she does and soon my lips are by her ear. "Did you touch yourself?"

She gasps, pulling away with flushed cheeks. "Nate!"

I laugh. "What? You're so innocent baby."

"You can't ask that in public!" She scolds, trying not to laugh.

"Nobody could hear me." I shrug, biting my lip.

"But to answer it, no. I was with Grace." She rolls her eyes, I laugh and reach across the table to hold her soft, small hand; enjoying our night together.

• • •

What are your thoughts on Roselyn's character?

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama