Chapter 1 [Unedited]

{May have harsh language such as swearing}

The moonlight was eerie yet beautiful when it illuminated the sickly young man who looked out the large French windows. His gaze had a deep yearning for something unknown to the rest when suddenly his delicate features twisted into confusion.

If you looked closely at the slightly parted red lips, you'd notice the small mumble that escaped his thoughts, "Where am I?" His mouth made such movements. Luckily or unluckily, he was the only one in the Victorian-style room.

His pale green orbs roamed the surroundings seemingly acting unfamiliar to the room and was now curious. He paused on a current object, a mirror. The mirror reflected his sickly yet enchanting appearance. The man caressed his ink black hair which gave the impression of being unfamiliar with his hair, and he touched his flawless pale skin. If someone saw his actions, they would most certainly notice the oddity of such a person.

Perhaps as if predicting the situation, a young woman in maid attire with her brown hair tied in braids came into the room. On the trolly was a tea set. Her movements were graceful and professional as she prepared the tea, the sickly man watched fascinated. When she saw his expression, there was a momentary surprised glint that flashed in her hazel eyes however she remained elegant.

He sat back on his chair, which faced the window, and the graceful lady placed the tea on the small table beside him before disappearing in the shadows. The beautiful pale green eyes looked out the window with the confused expression remaining while silently thanking the maid. He leisurely enjoyed his tea, not noticing the maid's shock that even she couldn't hide in her professionalism.

*
*
*

I undoubtedly just died, no? I pondered what happened only hours ago. Originally I though some rich person picked me up and saved me, but it honestly was too far fetch—No one that kind existed in the world as of now. Maybe my body would be cleaned up by some robots, that's the kindest thing they could do for the others walking to their jobs. Hah...what shitty world I live in.

I looked different too...I couldn't help but remember my reflection in the mirror, sickly pale skin, pale green eyes and silky hair. Just what the fuck happened? Luckily some maid came in and gave me soothing tea which managed to calm me down allowing me to think more clearly. So I'm in another body...I quickly deducted all the impossibilities and was still left with an impossible deduction.

'Literally what the actual fu-I need to calm down. Getting frustrated won't help me anywhere.'

I evened out my breathing. It was still late let's get some sleep before I look for more clues and information. Yes...I just needed some rest.

The bed was king sized and the quilt was of the highest quality, something I could never afford and even something that was rare in my world. I'd already given up the possibility of being in the same world and this one room was all the proof I needed to believe so.

'Ah tomorrow is going to be one turbulent day...'

I thought with a bittersweet smile.

*
*
*

-Chirp chirp

The birds chirping in the early morning was definitely unfamiliar—due to the pollution in the air the majority of birds were poisoned to death in my world. They are kind of annoying though...ahem. Ahem! Regardless I suppose I should get out of bed now...hmm, I'm a bit unwilling to leave—it's so soft and comfortable that honestly who would ever?

-Chirp! CHIRP!! (`∧')

"Ah, just shut up!"

-CHIRP! CHIRP!!!

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"╰(‵□′)╯

Bird: ^-^

"...okay..I'll get up..." ( Did I loss to a bird? ಠ_ಠ)

Due to some interruptions of my rest I reluctantly leave the comfort of my bed by slowly rolling off 'cause of it's uselessly large size.

I remembered that I don't really know what is going on...there is a bell on the table—would anyone be able to even hear it..?

-Ding ding

The same maid from yesterday came in within a minute. I stared stupidly in a daze and somehow managed to ask, "What is my schedule today?" To which she raised her delicate brow.

"Young master Lilius has no schedule, although if you are wishing on leaving there is a tea event hosted by the viscount Saunet's daughter." She met my eyes and her expression turning a bit fierce as she continued, "Although you had gotten an invitation it's more of a formality and they are trying to use you to appease to the marquis. I suggest not going."

I rubbed my chin and pondered "However wouldn't their faces be priceless if I did really go?" Imagining it made me feel all giddy inside. "Young master Lilius, would you like me to accept their request?" She replied professionally discarding her previous suggestion, I laughed, "No, that would ruin the surprise."

"Certainly young master Lilius, I'll prepare a tailor. In two days is the tea party."

"Mhm." Thank you Lilius—I'm going to enjoy your body and take advantage of this current predicament. Heh, I kind of wonder what sort of life you lived before to be so pale though...it's like you've never gone out in your life.

"Ah, right. Your name is miss?" How rude of me not to ask before. "...It's Rita, young master." She hesitated. Rita, huh? "Mn, I'll remember."

...who am I again? "Rita, what is my surname?"

"—Suthier. Lilius Suthier." Wait- why does that sound so familiar? Isn't the marquis Suthier a minor villain in [A rose stained in red]??
Σ(・□・)

———
Small Theater
Bird: The young master Lilius is still asleep at noon? Perhaps he slept in...I'll wake him up.
Lilius: ╰(‵□′)╯
Bird: This ungrateful brat! o(`ω' )o Just wait until this great being beats some sense into you!
———

Hehe, sorry for any grammar mistakes...¯\_(ツ)_/¯