Chapter 9 [unedited]

{Swearing, I think?}

I shivered in my beige cardigan as the wind blew past my ears and my short ebony hair flew.

Before it got too cold I wanted to have tea under the white gazebo in the garden which was constantly cleaned by the maids—it would have been useless work if I hadn't at least come once to enjoy it.

After the Duke's banquet I was in critical condition and quite literally needed rest from the crazy male leads, this was one of the greatest forms of doing so.

Alice, viscount Saunet's daughter, had come to visit just recently and was now enjoying Rita's tea and her homemade goodies with me. I am happy to share with her.

We leisurely take pleasure in each other's company silently. Not an awkward silence, but instead a very relaxing one. I'm grateful for this silence because I was never good at talking with others nor did I know what the trend was about right now. What is trending for nobles even? Fashion? I guess..?

The courtyard was exquisitely enchanted with the daffodils and evenly cut grass that spread so far that I wondered if the servants of the estate had to work their finger to the bone.

"Older brother?" Unfortunately I wasn't lost in thought for too long as a familiar youthful voice brought me out of my much-needed-daze.

It's Vincent—not very surprising anymore.

Recently second male lead has been following me around like a lost puppy. That plus constantly worrying about my health such as: "Older brother did you eat enough today?" "Older brother you have to make sure you exercise, okay?" "Older brother you can't eat so many sweets." "Older brother I need to take care of you because you are weak." I've seen enough of his handsome face that I'm immune to it's charm!!!

"Older brother it's cold out, we wouldn't want you to get sick."

"...."

"Come back inside, okay?"

"...."

"Brother! ...Although I wouldn't mind taking care of yo—I'm very worried about your health as your brother."

"I'm fine...Vincent-..I'm with guests right now..can you leave?" The second male lead, Vincent can completely ignored the extra, Alice. However he had full control over ignoring my words...ಠ_ಠ

"Brother you can't trick me, I know that you weren't even talking earlier!" He wined shamelessly, how old are you? 5? His curly black hair flew in the wind causing a mess of his hair however that somehow added to his charm and his emerald eyes were steeled with unwillingness to LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!

Alice silently watched the drama from a far—I mean I know she has no status to interrupt, but regardless did she have to chuckle with that mysterious smile behind her tea cup?!?

Am I missing something here?

Clearly I'm the one being taken advantage of!

Vincent you can't fool me with those sincere, beautiful eyes!

*
*
*

Although I managed to stay outside, another chair was placed next to me. Who could that be for, I wondered—Not for very long though...as the agreement to continue relaxing in the gazebo Vincent had buggered in.

And the once enjoyable silence was erratically changed to my health and plans for the day.

How did the conversation somehow become about MY health and MY schedule???

Just mine. No one else's. Not that I wanted to know the plans of a crazy male lead. Probably nothing good I'm betting.

While giving my total focus to the refreshments that Rita made I couldn't help but reach out, to put one on my brother's plate—meaning, shut up and eat.

He probably didn't realize it though, I know because he thanked me. However I was still scolded at by him, "Brother shouldn't eat so many sweets! Haven't I told you that already!" To something completely irrelevant. "En." I nodded obediently, he becomes happy when I listen to him, it's the easiest way to deal with possessive male leads—just become obedient.

Yep, after that he'll run to the female lead finishing whatever he plans to do with me. I'll be free in no time, you got this Lilius!

-Step. Step. Step

The sound of light footsteps coming our way caught my attention unusually.

They were perfectly timed and in tune with each other that it sounded surreal. Or perhaps a godly being came. Was it finally going to tell me why I was here, perhaps will it question my existence in this world?

However that thought instantly vanished once I heard the perfect, but unnaturally familiar voice,

"Oho? A tea party I wasn't told of?" Waist-length platinum blonde hair that was loosely tied by a white string flew lusciously in the cold breeze. A perfectly sculpted face that even god cannot create was revealed. There held a certain ugliness to it's beauty that allures others to come into the whirlwind willingly.

A man should not be so beautiful.

-Thump!

My heart thumped before I had realized it, however I knew who he was. He was the male lead, Cyril. The future crown prince.

'Why is he here?'

My brows twisted in confusion, the last time I had saw him was at the duke's banquet, he noticed my reaction unsurprisingly. Vincent became tense and quiet, I don't know when though. Was it when he heard the steps? Perhaps his voice? Or did he know the prince was here in the estate before?

Alice bowed her head low, obediently and I met eyes with his indifferent silver orbs.

"Why are you here." My thoughts slipped through my mouth and rather than a questioning tone my words were said like a statement.

He still had a slight smile on his face, I felt unreasonably irritating by it for the first time.

"Young master Lilius!" The uneasy atmosphere vanished when an oblivious maid irrupted, "Rita said that it is time to come inside now-" only then did she realize the prince's presence and she hastily apologized. "Excuse me, your highness I'll be leaving now." I did not ask to be pardoned and instead left without his consent to which he continued to smile with that unreadable expression, I bit my lip.

I don't know why I hated him so much, was it simply because I found his 'tendencies' despicable? Perhaps it is because he is the male lead of a novel that I loathed.

-Plop...plop

Crimson blood trailed down my chin and dropped onto the cement, a 'plop' sound occurred, "..fuck, I chewed on my lip too hard."

Luckily I was not in sight of that perfect prince.

I quickly took out my handkerchief that was, unfortunately, pure white and stained it with my blood.

'That's going to be one hell of a stain to get off.'

I commented inwardly, pitying the servants whom would be assigned that job later.

——
Small theater
Lilius enjoying tea by himself ♪('ε` )
Alice: I'm coming too!
Vincent: I'll get a seat, wait a moment!
Cyril: Lilius really does attract flies.
Lilius: Your highness do you not realize you called yourself a fly? ಠ_ಠ
——
Grammar mistakes here and there (・◇・)/~~~