Chapter 13 [unedited]

[Enosis POV]

When I woke up the celestial moonlight enveloped me. A silk green sheet—one which I could never afford—was placed delicately on my injured body that happened to be tightly wrapped in a clean white bandage.

I heard movement beside me and full curiosity I glanced over.

The silhouette was hidden by the shadows of the room so I couldn't see their appearance clearly however they had a slender figure. I stayed silent, on high guard and waiting patiently.

They did not speak so neither did I. It was a little awkward, but the awkwardness was disguised by the cold atmosphere we caused.

-Boom!

A brilliant oxblood firework went off, I had only known the colour because it reflected against the mysterious's figure's face. Beautiful. I was in a daze at the features of the silhouette which were now illuminated, along with the luxurious, large room

Pale-green eyes reminiscing a carnation flower, a sharp chin, thin red lips which seem a little dry from a lack of humidity, a conspicuous mole under the lip and a sharp nose—they gave off a genderless aura

I found myself complaining that it would be an insult to be hidden away from others however,
a part of myself wanted the figure to stay in the shadows, without being exposed to debauchery.

-Boom!

"Has an angel come to finally claim my life?" I mumbled, calculating the chances of such a occurrence.

Frankly speaking they were comparable to an angel and there is a possibility that I am dying currently or have already died. Perhaps not an angel though..a devil? Because an angel would give off the aura of purity yet in front of this—devil—I couldn't help but take into account of my own lascivious thoughts. Yes they were definitely not pure thoughts I would have for a angel...

"I'm Lilius..remember?" The seductive voice asked bashfully, obviously a male. Yep. No doubt, it was not an angel.

" —You were in the alleyway with a bad wound so I bought you here to be treated" He continued, I remember now—that commoner boy in the streets, "Okay." I responded politely.

His face twisted in displeasure, "What should I call you." He said grimacing from his teeth. I thought his expression was quite funny and replied nonchalantly to his question, "Enos." I would much prefer a stranger use my nickname with my permission rather than Salvia—I put little thought into my decision.

Once again his expression changed drastically as if all heavens fell down.

Somehow the situation escalated and he simply went to lay onto the bed, sharing, beside me—I'm not complaining of the size of the bed..however I don't think it's normal to sleep completely defenceless next to a stranger- ಠ_ಠ

As if sulking for some reason he covered himself fully with the quilt—what the hell?—I wasn't going to deal with this shit and after giving it some thought I decisively passed out, still some lingering fatigue from my previous rest.

*
*
*

"I have to leave now. Don't cause trouble, wander the estate or make noise."

The bewitching devil sat across from me, a hand on his knee which was neatly over the other knee. I paid little attention to what he said and was more focused on his posture—my gaze wandered his body attentively—despite inspecting him over and over, I am continued to be captivated—a different allure from Salvia and one I couldn't quite count as a seduction, it's odd.

Odd—the feeling is neither forced nor genuine. Perhaps I was simply curious. He was a noble yet he helped me, I am still waiting for what he may want in return yet he asked me to leave almost as if underestimating me or insulting me—I have heard the rumors of the snake-like words and actions nobles use to hide their scorn and disdain. It's even more humiliating when you don't understand.

Unfortunately I was not allowed to think further as he interrupted my inter thoughts, "Okay, I'm leaving now-"

With?

"Was that your brother?"

Seth?

"Yes he is."

Lilius Suthier—the Marquis Suthier has 4 children, Osiris, Edgar, Lilius and Vincent. Lilius was the second youngest and he was older than Seth which leaves Vincent—it was quite obvious, the boy in the hallway had an annoyingly high-pitched voice Seth liked to use on Salvia, and now it seems his brother too.

"Alright, don't get yourself into any harm." The charming seductress tone changed from when they first began as did the subject of demanding discipline to a mother's worry of safety—something only my mother would pay attention to

"You too." I said almost habitually, it was because of that comparison that I smiled at my silliness and aimed it at the one across, they paused it their tracks before nodding hesitantly with a soft hum akin to a cat's.

He left shortly after and it had felt as if the room had suddenly become less vibrant.

I shook off that strange passing thought while my smile became a bit bitter, half crooked and eventually I failed to keep it together, once again falling into the familiar frigid indifference.

——