Chapter 17 [unedited]

{undisciplined vocabulary}

Snow enchanted the once dead and leafless trees, turning their scenery into one of divinity. It gave life to the seemingly lifeless trees, which sounded like a statement of nonsense. Nonetheless, I could only be bewitched as it was made to be marvelled at.

I stood firm, staring in a daze out the window. Baby blue curtains flew in a languishing, light way. It was cold outside, yet the window was still open. With some reluctance to leave my position, I stole the fluffy quilt from the queen-sized bed, which was smaller than Lilius's original bed. It hung on my body like a draping blue cloak. I was, per say, opposed to closing the window, whether due to my own laziness, which I doubted. Or, the soothing the frigid wind brings when it happens to blow on my skin, prickling me slightly.

The snow was high, really high. Enosis had disappeared, and strangely, I remained in this light blue room not moving back into my other. Maybe I was uncomfortable being there—without him. The room smelt of him, a wood like scent, and it made me somewhat uneasy. Vincent was here, somewhere. I hadn't paid too much attention to his movements. The Marquis was quiet. He did not bother me, nor did he question my isolation. I was told it was quite usual for Lilius to stay to himself, draw a line, block others out—it was all normal. I hardly believed someone could stay so unsocial for such a long time, but Lilius managed to. So inhuman like.

Eloy, that nasty tailor, is god knows where. I honestly didn't give a fuck about him. Rita has been here, I suppose. I mean where else did she have to go in this hateful winter? Satan's spawn had taken a break from annoying me in the morning. I was a little worried it may have broken it's throat from all that chirping, but overall I mostly hoped for that outcome.
╮( ̄▽ ̄"")╭

In the end, I was lonely...ish— just ish

*
*
*

Winter lasted long, I had already surrendered to it'a longevity, and remained isolated in my room. Rita brought my lazy ass food, so I was healthy I guess, but I missed causing commotion somewhat...Wuuuwuu ಥ_ಥ

-Knock knock!

As soon as I heard knocking, I hollered, already drowning in my loneliness, "Come in!" Hopefully they'll talk a little before they leave. My thoughts were that exactly.

"Afternoon big brother!" Vincent came in, and at that so did Rita, "Younger master Lilius." She bowed then strolled with a tea set. I was relieved to see familiar faces, although I had seen Rita's every day, she only stayed for so long, but Vincent liked to talk quite a bit which now I only realized how little value I placed on our small interactions. Vincent sat beside me at a small circular marble table, which held up to three chairs. Rita brought tea, is what I had originally assumed, but it was actually hot chocolate with a candy cane and some gingerbread cookies. "Brother, how have you been?" Vincent's questions remained the same, and I found myself smiling, "I'm well...how are you, Vincent?" He laughed, "Right now I feel great."

"I'm relieved." My focus ended short on our little greeting because Rita had finally finished preparing our refreshments! "Thanks, Rita!" Gratefully, I responded, and Vincent nodded in agreement. However I found the atmosphere somewhat strange when Rita turned to meet Vincent's eyes before declaring that she would suddenly leave... "Ah...okay, bye Rita." I was a bit disappointed, but Vincent stayed to accompany me and my mood slightly improved.

"Brother, what have you been doing as of late?" At Vincent's question, my gazed turned to the window where it happened to be snowing a blizzard, "I can't really do much, now can I?" I uncontrollably sounded sarcastic and mopey. Vincent, slightly surprised at my sarcasm, raised his eyes to meet mine only to find out I had long been gazing out the window, "Brother, your hot chocolate will get cold if you leave it for too long." He spoke the truth—He sighed at my overdramatic expression I had unconsciously put on as I realized he was right! All my attention immediately went to the delicacies Rita prepared. Ah! How could I ever forget about them!

I was so focused on my treats that I was detached from whatever Vincent spoke about, and gave small signals of acknowledgment with a hum...if only I could turn back time and pay a little more attention to what I had unknowingly agreed to....

——

——
Grammar mistakes and I have a small game we like to play...known as hide and seek however, if I find them they get executed. To the guillotine, and off with their head!

—-

Oh yeah I unpublished the book for a day...so like my bad—♪('ε` )

I'll respond to your comments sometime and stop being a lazy potato. m(_ _)m