Chapter 7 [unedited]

{S-sw-swearing?! Be warned!}

I questioned when I had become familiar with my reflection. The abnormal pale skin from the ebony hair, when had it become..me?

Rita had said that I must attend Duke Échelet's banquet about a week ago, it's honestly so troublesome going to such formal events, usually I used Lilius's introvert card as a means to avoid banquets however the duke's status is higher than my own something, something, something...I forgot most of what Rita said anyhow.

In my reflection I am in a clean maroon suit with the suggestion of Eloy—which wasn't much of a suggestion rather an order...whatever he's the boss, I'll just listen to him so he can leave already. Also get the fuck away from Rita, if you take her I won't get to have her surreal tea! o(`ω' )o

"As I predicted it looks amazing." He twirled the wine in his glass with a flick of the wrist as he did not compliment me, but the maroon suit. I know because I had once asked him about his strange choice of words in which he replied "The suit looks amazing, not you. Anyone could look amazing if they wore a suit of mine." What a 'modest' bastard.

"Eloy, are you done here now?" Remembering such a memory worsened my mood and I didn't have the patience to deal with his usual shameless acts.

He lifted his brow as if surprised I mean I have never called him out like that—however his reply was even more unpredictable than my uproar, "Hey, I'm just warning you, but don't get too involved with the royal family. No, scratch that don't even go near them." Eloy said with rare seriousness that I had only seen so many times. His brown eyes stared straight at mine and you could feel the graveness he exposed, it forced me to nod my head obediently. "Okay I'll go now, but don't miss me too much when I leave!" Immediately his cheerful aura came back and he left the room surprisingly without a fight. I sometimes question where he gets his information, it is always accurate.

I didn't ponder for long about his words because I never had the intention of breathing the same air as the royal family much less to converse with them, even without Eloy's warning I knew they were not to be messed with from [A rose stained in red] -the novel itself.

"Young Master Lilius, there is a separate carriage already prepared for you."

"I'll be there soon, Rita." Really I find Lilius introvert card amazing, he already rode in his own carriages separate from the rest of the family, that means I won't have to meet that suicidal marquis nor worry about causing suspicion . ( '▽`)
Ah, the bliss!

I fixed the daffodil brooch and tightened my tie, with that I was ready to go. Other than a couple of servants I saw no one on my way to the white carriage plus I had Rita with me whom always picks the halls with less people due to the previous Lilius's preference. I personally do not mind crowded places despite never being treated well in my past life, I believe my opinion stays the same and I truly don't bother with crowds although I do sometimes wonder if Lilius had an influence on my personality and habits. I walk with natural elegance, my movements are small and graceful even my speech is different. It wouldn't come as a surprise if I took some of his personality as well.

"Young master Lilius, we will arrive in three hours so please be patient on our way."

"Mhm" I allowed myself to sink into the comfort of the red cushion in a daze.

I don't remember what I was thinking about with a hazy mind on my way to Duke Échelet's estate, my mind had only returned to me once I arrived.

*
*
*

Beautiful. If someone had to describe the estate in one word it would be an insult however I chose the simplest word, beautiful. Simply beautiful.

The garden was adorned with hyacinths of a glistening purple colour, symbolizing their emblem. Hyacinths signify games, spots and play—the Échelet's family does them honour with their ability to perform in sword dancing. However one must not underestimate them as the sword isn't limited by simple dancing, but can as well pierce a heart.

They're ignorant and prejudiced(biased) but if the kingdom was ever in need of help they would be one of the first to lend their hand. Although surprising enough most of this information was given to me from Eloy and not the novel.

"Marquis Suthier! The Suthier household!" Announced a butler loudly, some attention went to us, I hid behind my second eldest brother Edgar and my oldest brother Osiris was in front of him. Both of them had dark brown hair, Edgar's was curly and he had icy blue eyes while Osiris's was a dull green. The marquis had grey hair due to aging with icy blue eyes. There was no marchioness, she died giving birth to Vincent...and poor Vincent was hated by his family because of so. It's even worse that he looks exactly like her with his emerald eyes.

Vincent hid behind my shadow with his small figure, even in the future he was the smallest of the male leads—tall, but smaller compared to them. He held his head down low, it was already known to the nobles that he was hated in the family regardless of how talented he was. Perhaps due to my past I empathized with him, he reminded me a bit of myself. Maybe that's why I unconsciously grabbed his little hand.

I squeezed it gently trying to comfort him. Emerald green met mine, I could clearly see his conflicted emotions flashing in their gleam. "I- Um.." I began not really knowing what to say and said whatever I thought was cool, "Don't hold your head low and let them acknowledge your noble heritage." that plus I also yelled anxiously as a cherry on top, "Stand tall, Vincent Suthier!" What the fuck does that even mean?! Why did I say that so loudly?! Ah, now look what you have done, Lilius everyone is staring! ಥ_ಥ

Despite my drastic thoughts that circled through my mind—my face remained indifferent and unshaken. Vincent was visibly shook before he smiled confidently with slight doubt of something unknown to myself. His hold tightened to a painful degree, damn this weak body, Lilius really didn't do shit.

"Brother you've changed." He stated the obvious even so I smiled nervously as if I was caught and rubbed my neck which had gotten stiff awkwardly, "I-is that so?" Damn that stutter. "Yes Lilius Suthier never liked to attract attention in any form even for his brothers, you know that best don't you, Vincent?" That voice did not belong to my brother, instead of answering it's question Vincent greeted, "Your highness." With a bow still holding my hand—wait, your highness? Vincent let go of my hand I need to get out of here! Even though I had loosened my grip Vincent refused to let go and even held tighter.

"Good afternoon, your highness." I wanted to sigh but painfully kept my act together, bowing submissively. His highness, the future crown prince was in front of me—the true male lead of the novel. As well as the person I was so desperately wanted to avoid.

'Fuck this.'

——
Small theater
Lilius: *sees the crown prince* let go, Vincent.ಥ_ಥ
Vincent: *holds his hand to keep him in place*^ ^
Lilius: You traitor of a brother! o(`ω' )o
——
Grammar mistakes—probably. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯