Chapter 11 [unedited]

Large french windows let in the glimmering moonlight that illuminated the two silhouettes across from each other. One sat on the king-sized bed, a pale-green silk quilt with golden daffodils designs covered them as they rest their head against the white pillows. The other watched from above as they stand firm. Both gazes particularly cold. They were stiff and on guard while waiting for the first to move in the Victorian style room.

-Boom!

A flash of a firework went off without warning. They shone on the standing figure's face a hue of red velvet adding a seductive charm to his pale face and bewitching tear drop mole under his suggestive thin red lip.

The sitting silhouette's mouth was slightly agape at the scene, questioning what this person across had done in their past life to obtain such alluring features.

-Boom! Boom!

The only sound in the isolated room was the firework's thunder as they illuminated the once eerie atmosphere the two unconsciously caused.

-Boom!

The sitting teenager did not realize his own appearance as his amber eyes glistened stronger in a shade of gold when the fireworks marvelled behind him causing the other to solely focus on his sharp orbs; ignoring the breathtaking fireworks that they had never seen before.

Both at a loss of words from the other's appeal.

"It's a male lead, no doubt."

"Has an angel come to finally claim my life?"

As well as completely different opinions on the current predicament.

*
*
*

Rita and I quickly head into my room as she supported the teenage boy while I grabbed a first-aid kit.

Once placed on the bed, Rita took the first-aid kit and skillfully displayed her experience in such a situation as if she had done it countless times before. Her stitches were precise after she used rubbing alcohol, and she bandaged him comfortably taking into account for his comfort when he awoke.

I watched with eyes widened and exclaimed, "That's amazing, Rita!"

"Thank you, young master." She leisurely took the compliment, I didn't have to worry about her turning into a narcissist unlike Eloy. The already egotistic-enough tailor.

Rita prepared me a cup of chamomile tea to soothe my light headache without needing to be ordered. Miraculously! How did she know?

"Young master Lilius don't worry too much. Ease up your frown." I nodded as she continued to give me her report on the circumstances, "He'll wake up in a day and it's a wound on his abdomen caused by a dull knife." Causing me to fall into thought; What the hell happened to him anyway?

Rita excused herself and I went to sit on Lilius's rocking chair that always faced out the french window.

"The festival is still lively as ever..."

I commented out loud as I stared out the window to the village. Although it was too far to see the commoners play because the estate was separated by a well maintained valley however, the Suthier estate was on a hill so I could see the bright lights in the distance that was enough to tell me the festival continued.

Rita told me it wouldn't end until late and that it had a firework show near the ending. In my previous life I had never seen fireworks, sparklers were the only thing I could afford. I couldn't help but be curious.

As I was leisurely enjoying my tea, I heard a groan.

The teenager was still asleep regardless they were sweating profoundly and twisting under the heavy bed covers. I quickly finished my tea and quietly tiptoed over to him.