Chapter 2 [unedited]

{Beware vulgar language!}

[A rose stained in red] simply put—a popular romance novel full of clichés and obsessive 'love'. 

The female lead is a commoner with a status only higher than that of a slave. She is naturally blessed with beauty unbefitting of an orphan and having a naïve personality. One day she happened to run into a son of a noble whom was roaming in commoner attire—unusually exploring the slums. He notices her standing up for a bullied slums boy, who was obviously malnourished however that did not cover his handsome features.

The young noble found her deed to be righteous, something he carved to aim for. Like some kid who loved superheroes basically. The slums boy was as well a male lead—wow this female lead really has great timing, two at once..Ahem! Anyways—the slums boy followed her like a lost puppy later developing an obsession for the female lead, not allowing others to get too close to her.

Occasionally did the son of a noble come to visit them—at the time they were still at a young age. He got along with the female lead and suddenly had the desire to reveal his real identity. Eventually he did and introduced her to his father, the marquis Suthier, whom despised her commoner origins. Desperate, he went to his childhood friend, the very prince of this kingdom, causing the prince to become interested in the commoner that put his prideful friend in such a state.

When the prince found the female lead, he was slightly doubtful. Sure she's pretty and all, but what else really was there? And as the female lead's magic golden finger works he finds himself developing sadistic tendencies, teasing and bullying her. The prince realizes his feelings when his now fully grown prideful friend distances the two. They had a huge fight while the young man from slums was collecting points from the female lead by gently comforting her.

The king finds out about the female lead from the marquis and under the Suthier's encouragement he imprisoned her with multiple treasons—Only to be stabbed in the back by his own son, whom would later kill the rest of his siblings, overthrowing the throne. The noble's son and the young man from the slums disappeared momentarily, gathering numbers to rebel against the current king while he was all lovey-dovey with the female lead. It turned into a dog-eat-dog world quickly, full of messed up possession plus obsession that intertwined the conflicting male leads.

Hah...and well it seems I'm the mentally ill 3rd son of the marquis—older brother to the male lead. What am I going to do now?

Recalling my reflection in the mirror..I am just passed my teenage years..around 17-18. The male lead—or perhaps my younger brother, should still be a child. He was the youngest out of the male leads. That means he is still probably sneaking out to see the female lead and hadn't revealed his identity.

Honestly I don't want to be too involved with the plot however given the upcoming predicament...I at least want to live a fulfilling life, but Lilius's own father had indirectly signed him up for the chopping board -hence my future self as well will be headless..(._.)

I thought about running away...almost disregarding that idea immediately. It was too risky plus I did not want to hide away like my previous life, if I lived the same as my last life what would ever change?

"You know what! Screw the plot! I don't give a fuck!"Perhaps due to my anxiousness I let my thoughts smoothly slip out of my lips. I could care less about that though. Roughly clutching a bundle of hair and reliving stress by harming myself finally cleared my clouded mind. My hair was akin to a bird's nest now.

"Ah, what the hell am I going to do." Hopelessly do I sigh.

——
Small theatre
Marquis: Ignorantly picking fights with the male leads
Lilius: Are you courting death, Marquis?!?
Male leads: Chopping block!
Lilius: Don't involve me, I'm innocent! ಥ_ಥ
——
I know somewhere in the paragraphs there are a plentiful amount of grammar mistakes...I'll find them one day ♪('ε` )