Chapter 5 [unedited]

{Unrefined language. Aka swearing}

Strange, Lilius's room is the furthest from the entrance. I left the dazed Vincent and continued on my journey discovering that the location of my room was on the abandoned west wing. To be honest it is still cleaned it's just that the rest of the family lives in the east wing of the estate that's probably why Vincent was sneaking around so boldly in commoner attire..no one was around here. Really was Lilius just a simple introverted noble? I find myself doubting it.

Luckily I have Rita with me or else I would have gotten lost in the halls; my direction sense was awful. It's thanks to her I managed to get to the carriage which was lightly painted in gold and detailed with daffodil designs. Nobles each have their own flower that represents their family/emblem. Can you guess who has the famous rose? The royal family, of course.

My suit's brooch is a golden daffodil further proof of my noble heritage. It's considered expulsion from your family if you were noble without the emblem of your family. No emblem on=No longer noble. It's less of a hassle to wear it therefor no one assumes you were banished or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sinked into the soft red cushion like I had no bones in my body, looking quite alike to a corpse even more so with my pale skin which hadn't seen the light of day.

I watched out the window to the ever changing scenery in a daze as I pondered our reason for existence creating a solemn atmosphere the way to the viscount's estate.

"Young master Lilius, we have arrived." I stepped out of the carriage at Rita's call and the view in front of me was of the beautiful estate smaller than the Marquis Suthier's.

"It's quite a warm vibe that it gives off, no?" Well maintained magnolia flowers were planted nicely not overgrown. Stairs ascended to a plateau not overbearingly but rather welcomingly. "Vibe?" Rita pondered over my odd choice of words...I wonder did she even know what a 'vibe' was?

A butler bought us professionally bought us the garden after I had shown him my invitation. Girls surrounded the round tables garnished with refreshments and had a variety of different coloured dresses on. Well I had already assumed no man would come to a tea party, but whatever it's even more hilarious that I am here. It could be considered an insult on my behalf to send me the invitation however to the marquis it would be an invitation to a perspective marriage and now that I'm actually here it's an insult to the daughter. Insult here, insult there and so on...honestly nobles are so confusing and complex.

"Lilius Suthier!" Announced the butler, the girls visually paused taking their time to remember who Lilius Suthier is. Yes, he is the 3rd son of the Marquis Suthier.

Alice stood up quickly horror and surprise was apparent on her pretty face. By coming to the tea party not only am I face slapping her I am also allowing the other nobles to know of her plans to marry me=sucking up to the marquis. It would be a huge hit on anyone's pride.

As expected they all turn their attention to Alice Saunet pointing fingers for being caught sucking up..it's quite laughable considering they are doing the exact same thing.

"Oho, miss Alice I didn't know you had such ambitious plans." Sarcastically did a lady in a baby blue dress that went well with her light brown hair began..followed by the others, "Alice how scandalous!"

"I never thought this would be the true you. Are you really so shameless to leach off the marquis."

"Oh, Alice you'll ruin your pretty face with that frown."

The tea party was full of fucking hypocrites. They were only tormenting her to appease me, Lilius Suthier. It's quite entertaining to watch them dance around despite their disgusting personalities though. Or perhaps I'm slightly crazy for thinking so-? Yeah probably..I blame the people from my previous life for messing up my mental state. ♪('ε` )

"Alice even dared to lick the marquis's boot! How bold."

"Haha! You completely disregarded that the 3rd son himself would turn his back on you!"

"Poor Alice."

It's going a bit far- I'm not so emotionless to ignore such harassment. I have to stop this or else it might drill down deep into the poor girl, "Miss Alice, I thank you for inviting me to such an event-" and she may never remain the same, "-I hadn't left the estate in awhile, coming here was a great excuse to leave." There it should be good- so now that instead of insulting her, I am thanking her...it won't seem as though I truly wanted to see her crumple.

The girls whom said their previous statements shut up and the lady in baby blue excused herself from the party.

Alice became brighter and generously offered a sit next to her. I have to admit that I much prefer seeing her gentle smile then her devastated expression. Her dark brown hair shined luminously and her royal blue eyes were slight red but nonetheless beautiful. The sunshine timed her profile perfectly adding to her mature charm as it glistened.

"Ma-macaroons?!"

"It is, young master Lilius." She smiled brightly. I know you were just buttering up to the marquis by sending the invitation, but would you actually marry me? How did you know macaroons were my favorite!

——
Small theater
Alice: the way to one's heart is food
Eloy: Rita I bought these macaroons for you!
Rita: ...
Lilius: I'll give you my heart, Eloy!(˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)
Eloy: ..not for you...ಥ_ಥ
——
Grammar is as complicated as aristocracy.