Chapter 15[unedited]

{My writing has been pacified. No warnings.}

"Lilius are you unaware of the rumours circling around you?"

"Excuse me?!" The tea cup I was holding shook when I piercingly exclaimed—I almost dropped Rita's tea! I was completely unaware of these rumours that Alice spoke of.

With a little caution and due to my ever growing curiosity I asked, "What are they about...?" My eyes wavering as I gulped.

She smiled mysteriously which reminded me why I ever let her visit me, "Wanna know?" She lowered her voice and became childish with her words losing her previous elegance, to which I nodded rapidly reflecting the same playfulness. She leaned over and whispered into my ear as if telling a secret despite us being alone in the room, "They say you are a lunatic. It's only been said now because most nobles feared angering the Marquis or else someone might had said it after Duke Échelet's banquet." L-lunatic—how the hell did I get that reputation??
Σ(・□・;)

I'm almost certain I did nothing out of the ordinary plus I have Lilius's elegance-! I mean granted after Cyril—the 2nd prince left I spent most of my focus on food.....h o w e v e r it's not like I ignored others. I demand the justification of such a ridiculous assumption!

My face somehow managed to become even more pale despite it's already ghostly nature when I now thought that I am well known. I don't need any more attention! I already had to deal with 2 crazy male leads who are only so many feet away! Enos was still lazing in my room—MY room. I had to get Rita to prepare another one for myself which I am apologetic for and then there is Vincent, who somehow is always able to find me. Luckily he is at the palace with the first male lead—Cyril. At least I know I won't be bothered by them today that was partly why I agreed to Alice's sudden request for a visit hoping for some relaxation however, it seems she was only here to tell me about rumours...which happened to ruin my free day! I must say up until now it has been suspiciously quiet—even the devil's incarnate in the form of a bird was silent this morning..I should have guessed that it was a bad omen...
('・Д・)」

Alice must have noticed my solemn mood because she remained silent before eventually changing the subject, "It hasn't snowed since a week ago, but my family believes that's a warning. We assume there will be a snowstorm next. As usual, when the snow gets high mourn for the fallen flowers."

Mourn for the what—I'll have to ask Rita about that...ugh...my stomach hurts thinking about it ...there goes my relaxation day.

Yay. (._.)

*
*
*

Whether I was relieved or not by Alice's leave, I honestly do not know. She left earlier than intended however, it was mostly because of the uncomfortable atmosphere I caused if I were in her place I would want to leave as well. It's like sitting on small needles, not fun.

Rita made me some herbal tea which I found a bit bitter, luckily she had prepared lavender shortbread to go along with it—although not too sweet it was a good combination with the herbal tea.

As she place the shortbread in front of me, I asked her to sit down on the pastel blue couch across from me—I still had a question to ask.

"Rita what does it mean to mourn for flowers in the height of snow?" To which she took a moment to explain, no longer surprised at my ignorance, "Winter is known as a season for mourning. You already know of the emblems being flowers and such, right?" I nodded, I do. "If someone were to say 'when the snow gets high mourn for the flowers' it basically means to grieve over lost ones—usually heroes from war and nobles of honour; monarchs as well."

Rita: "It's considered a curse or bad luck to be born in winter. Eloy had said that the 2nd prince himself was born in winter causing some doubts in the mass." I have to disagree with the mass—^ ^

"I understand now, thanks Rita!" I was really grateful to her, if not for her explanations I'd probably be completely lost.

She bowed her head submissively, "Of course, young master Lilius." Unlike Eloy she did not brag—who would take any chance to.

I kind of understand why there was not a single celebration in winter—as it is the season for threnody. Wait- I don't actually know if there is one! "Rita is there any events during winter!?" Her eyes widened, it was stupid of me to shout out...my bad...regardless of my apologetic state Rita answered my question "There is one. It's more of a sacrifice thing—it's not that well known..." Rita trailed off, mumbled here and there, she had already lost me at 'sacrifice'

That was not in the novel....ಠ_ಠ

——
Small theatre
Bird's day off from being an alarm: I deserve breaks from time to time. Plus after winter it's spring I have to find a mate real quick...lately the only single ones are bossy from what I heard..gotta find a good one before spring!٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و
——
The first shortbread I had, which was homemade, was really sweet, but later I found out they weren't supposed to be so sweet..I could only lament for myself and taste buds after such a sugar-filled treat. Do you perhaps like sweets with lots of sugar?

Is that a grammar mistake on the loose?!
∑(゚Д゚) Don't worry I'll call the pest control!
( ̄^ ̄)ゞ