Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Your POV

After visiting with Ally and Jerry for a little bit, Dinah drags me over to a group of little kids playing soccer. She introduces them as her younger siblings. They all greet me cheerfully, and I greet them back. They’re all very hyper right now.

“Wanna play soccer with us?”, one of them asks.

“Sure. Thanks!”

I love playing soccer. I know I’ll have to go easy on them, but it’s better than nothing.

One of her younger siblings-Regina, I think-lightly taps the ball towards me. I kick it up with my toe and start juggling it. Several pairs of eyes follow the black and white ball as it continuously bounces off my shoe, then back in the air. Then, as the ball’s back up in midair, one of the older kids grabs the ball.  

“Woah, what was that for?”, I ask, pretending to be annoyed.

“I wanted the ball”, he explains.

“I would’ve given it to you if you’d asked”, I say as sweetly as I can.

“Taking things is funner.”

“Did Dinah teach you that?” I raise my eyebrow.

“No!” His cheeks turn red. I turn to Dinah.

“You’re a horrible influence”, I say. She just glares at me.

“May I see that?” Her brother hands her the ball. The second it touches her giant palm, she throws it at me and hits me in the face. Not too hard, but hard enough to sting. Her siblings laugh.

“You’re a dead woman”, I say.

“You’re no match for my secret weapon”, she smirks. “KIDS! BLOCK THE MONSTER!”

All of a sudden, five little kids charge at me, catching me off guard and giving Dinah a chance to escape. I try to push them away, but they’re really strong for little kids.

“YOU WON’T GET AWAY WITH THIS!”, I shout.  

“LOOKS LIKE I WILL!”, she yells back.

At this, her siblings let their guard down, allowing me to break free. I run full speed-which is fast-towards Dinah. She must have no idea I’m so close, otherwise she’d be going faster. Without warning, I jump on her back, and she nearly loses balance. I wrap my legs around her waist and my arms around her shoulders, linking my hands at her collarbone.

“Get off!”, she screams as she tries, unsuccessfully, to shake me off of her.

“No! I must get revenge!” I tighten my grip on her.

“We were already even! Now get off!”

“No!”, I repeat. “This is too much fun!”

“Oh, for God’s sake, Y/N, get off before you break her back”, Camila says amusedly.

“If you insist.”

I release my grip and slide off Dinah’s back, landing on my feet. As I brush my shirt off, Dinah gives me a little shove.

“Now we’re even”, she says, returning my glare with a smirk.

“Sure we are”, I say sarcastically.

Now it’s her turn to glare.

“Do I need to give you a Poly Beatdown?”, she questions menacingly.

“I’ve never heard of that. What makes it different from a regular Beatdown?”

“Wanna find out?”