Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ally’s POV

After I slip my arm around Y/N, she leans her head into my shoulder. She can’t see it, but the gesture puts a grin on my face. For such a long time, I’ve wanted to have a relationship with my sister, and for a long time, something’s held me back. That something was pride. I was too stubborn to get over what my father did to me and call him to ask if could talk to my sister. And now I regret it. Now I can’t help but wonder how different our lives would have been if I’d just sucked it up and called my father. Now it’s too late.

At least she’s here now, my conscious reminds me.

I decide to stop dwelling on this and focus on the movie. I want to focus on now, on this moment with my sister.

It doesn’t take very long for the scary stuff to start happening. As soon as scary things start popping out at us, Camila unleashes a scream that starts a wave of screams from the other girls. I expected Y/N to scream along with them, but she just laughs at us for screaming.

“Y’all are wimps”, she says to us.

“Oh, shut up. I bet you’re just as scared as we are”, Lauren huffs.

“Nope. I’ve seen this movie too many times to be scared.”

“Liar. You grabbed my hand when that happened”, I say referring to the scene.

“Did not.”

“You’re holding it right now.”

“Because you grabbed it.”

You grabbed it!”

“Shh”, Dinah shushes us, and we get back to the movie. Y/N doesn’t let go of my hand. In fact, she squeezes it every time a scary part happens (and simultaneously laughs at us for screaming). I don’t say anything about it, knowing she’ll deny she’s scared.

When the movie’s nearly over, Y/N lets out a yawn. She must be getting sleepy, not that I blame her. She’s had a long day.

“Are you tired?”, I ask her.

“Yeah”, she responds through another yawn. “I think I’ll hit the sack after the movie.”

“Okay.”

By the time the end credits roll, she’s half asleep on my shoulder. I don’t mind it very much, but I need to move.

“Y/N”, I nudge her. “It’s over.”

“Hm?” She lifts her head. “What?”

“The movie’s over.”

“Alright. I’m going to bed.”

“Goodnight.” I kiss her head quickly.

“Goodnight”, she mumbles sleepily. She gets up and walks over to her room.

“Goodnight, Y/N”, the girls call out.

“Goodnight”, she repeats before disappearing into the hallway.

“So, that was your sister”, Lauren says.

“Yep.” I still can’t believe it.

“She seems nice”, Camila pipes us.

“Yeah, she does.”

Do not mess it up”, Dinah warns.

“Dinah”, I scold. “You’ll jinx it.”

“I’ll knock on wood, don’t worry. But seriously, hold on to this as tightly as you can and then some.”

“I was planning on it.”