Chapter 27

Chapter 27

 Your POV

 Two Days Later

 "Hey, Ally", I greet as she walks through the front door. At the moment, I'm lying on the couch with Lauren and watching American Horror Story. We were cuddling, but we broke apart the door opened.  

 We can't take any chances.

 "Hi, cutie", she returns. "How are ya?"

 "I'm good, but I have a question for you."

 "What's up?"

 "Can I have some friends over sometime this week?", I ask nervously.

 "Oh, sure", Ally smiles brightly. "You can absolutely have friends over."

 "Okay, thank you!" I hug her tightly.

 "You're very welcome", she returns.

 ***

 The Next Day

 I hear a knock on the door.

 "I got it!", I yell.

 I hurry to the front door and open it to see my friends standing there.

 "Hola, chica!", I hear.  

 "Hey, buddy", I grin at Raul. "Man, I missed you!"

 "I missed you, too", he says, wrapping me in a giant bear hug.

 "Nice to see you, too", a female voice grumbles.

 Raul lets go of me, and I see Eva standing there, along with our friend Javier, who I haven't hung out with in a while.

 "Nice to see you", I smile.

 "Oh, sure, now you notice", Eva sasses. "Oh, get over here!"

 She wraps me in a hug of her own. After she releases me, I give a hug to Javier, then I let them in.

 "Damn, this place is nice", Raul comments. "No wonder you don't come to the Mission anymore."

 "I go to the Mission plenty, thank you", I say as I close the door. "Just not recently."

 "When do we get to party here?", Javier asks.

 I'm about to respond when I hear, "Don't answer that!" Of course it's Ally.

 "Well, there you go", I say.

 "That's right." Ally finally comes into view. "No parties here."

 "Right."

 I quickly make introductions between her and my friends. She's polite with them, as she usually is, but I can tell she's studying them. She wants to know the kind of people I hang out with. Not to mention she still remembers me getting drunk and probably thinks I got the booze from one of them.

 Which I did. Well, not really, Eva just called someone to do it, but that doesn't take the blame off of her completely. So naturally, I'm not telling Ally.

 Ally asks if either of us would like something to drink, and they all politely decline. Then she asks for a moment alone with me, which makes me nervous.

 When she takes me into the kitchen, she goes straight to the point.

 "Did one of them buy you alcohol that day?", she asks.

 "No", I lie, and rather skillfully. If there's anything I'm better at than anyone else I know, it's lying. Every foster kid learns to lie.

 "Are you telling the truth?"