Hot Springs

The group arrived to a Strong Magic Region, Yultim Volcano Trail.

Mereoleona: ALRIGHT IMBECILES! LETS GO!

The volcano started to erupt.

Mereoleona: This is the Yultim Volcano, a Strong Magic Region. There's a volcanic belt laced with powerful mana deep underground, and it spews lava constantly. As a rule, it isn't the sort of place people can get close to.

(Y/n) received a quick flashback. The Volcano was surrounded with buildings and people walking around. It was populated.

Guess it used be a good spot.

Mereoleona: However! At the summit, there's a magnificent, revitalizing hot spring! Well!? I bet you're all excited now, aren't you!? Come! Let's head for the summit!

Sol: What the hell is this place!?

Charlotte: Sol, you didn't need to come with us.

Sol: What are you saying!? Where you go, I go, Char!

Leopold: Since we're going to be anyway, let's compete to see who can get to the summit first Asta!

Asta: Yeah! I'll do it! Bring it on, volcano!

Leopold: You too (y/n)! And you too Golden, uh... um.

Asta: That's Yuno. He's my rival.

Leopold: WHAT!? That means you're my rival too then! Fight me, Yuno! Or whatever your name is!

Yuno: Whatever...

Leopold: So that's what cool looks like!

Asta: Eh, you'll get used to him.

Mereoleona kicked the two.

Mereoleona: QUIT DWADLING AND GO!

Asta, Leopold, and members of the Crimson Lion Kings jumped down. But as soon as they touched down, the heat quickly proved to be unbearable for them. However, for Charlotte and Yami, they easily withstood the heat and started to make their way to the top.

Crimson Lion Knight 1: Whoa! That's the Captain's for you! They're fielding that magma like it's nothing!

Crimson Lion Knight 2: Uh... Forget that! How are they managing to jump around like that in a place like this!?

Leopold: I've got it! They're wearing a layer of protective mana! The mana here is unstable, yet they're able to release their magic at a perfectly constant rate! To extent, all Magic Knights use mana to boost our physical abilities when we fight! There's one fundamental spell in which this is polished to perfection... Mana skin!

Crimson Lion Knight 1: True, all Magic Knights use that technique... But sustaining it long-term, in a harsh environment like this one!? We can't figure that out in a few minutes!

Leopold: NO, IT'LL WORK! WE'LL GET A FEEL FOR IT LITTLE BY LITTLE, ADAPT TO THE MANA HERE AND REACH THE SUMMIT BEFORE WE USE UP OUR MAGIC. WE'VE GONE SOFT, AND THIS IS THE PERFECT ENVIRONMENT FOR RETRAINING OURSELVES! LET'S MOVE!

Crimson Lion Kings: YEAH!

Yuno was starting to sweat but managed to get Mana Skin down to handle the heat. Once he was able to constantly have it activated he flew off.

Asta: HEY! YUNO!

Yuno: Asta... Get to the hot spring before I overheat from soaking too long.

Looks like Yuno picked it up pretty quick. Wouldn't be Yuno if he didn't.

Leopold: Asta! I'm going on ahead! Hey, what's your face! Yuno! Wait up!

Sol: I'm going to be just like Char! Then I'm gonna soak in the hot spring with her!