19

Context: what left off in the last chapter with Kenma and Suga is basically continuing on here but with Hinata and Yaku

Chapter 19
Why must you hate me Universe?

"What?!" Yaku stared at me, mouth wide open.

"Right, I forgot to not say that part- umm well.." i rub the back of my head, looking away from Yaku and around the gym from the bench. "Me and Kenma... are dating." I look back at Yaku, his expression is almost laughable. "Well, not really because we both agreed to date after we.. like switched back." But I said that part quickly and quiet.

"I wanna say I'm not surprised but... I am!" He chuckles shortly "wow... ok, that's a thing now. Not that it's bad! Im so very proud of yall, it's just I thought you were... homophobic?"

I sigh "I wasn't homophobic, I was confused. Kenma made me confused and when we told me he was gay, i had like a strange feeling in my stomach but i said it wrong, really wrong."

Yaku nodded "so that was what the fight was about, i was confused why Kenma was so angry after the game."

"You're not gonna tell anyone right?" I ask him, he shakes his head no "not even Lev. Don't lie, I know yall have a weird relationship." Yaku's face goes bright red.

"I- you- Hinata you shouldn't be talking about other peoples relationships when you swapped bodies with your best friend- who is also your boyfriend." He said that last part quitly, which i am greatful for.

"I'm so bad at secrets! Kenma hasn't told anyone but here I am talking to you about it." I bury my face in my hands "i suck as a best friend."

I hear Yaku sigh, I look up to see him grinning still "you're not a bad best friend, and don't think so highly of him. He sucks at secrets because he either tells everyone by accident, or forgets them so you have to retell them and then he tells everyone by accident or forgets again."

"Noted"

Coach Cat guy blows his whistle telling everyone warm up time is over and its time to practice. Yaku pushes my shoulder lightly as a goodbye. "Have fun!" i tell him with a smile. The moment he gets on the court my smile fades slightly, I hate not playing, I hate being benched, I hate being at Nekuma, I hate this. I miss my friends and family, I wanna go home.

I pull my legs to my chest on the bench, and rest my chin on my knees. Biting at my lip is the only thing stopping me from crying. I reach behind my head and pull out the ponytail holder, letting the hair fall into my face so if i do end up crying- no one could tell! Well thats the theory.

I might just look more emo to the owls.

God, i feel pathetic! Fuck that! I am pathetic. I shouldn't be crying over this, i need to be strong- I'm Kenma right now, the least I can do is not ruin his reputation, more than I probably already have.

I think one of the main reasons I seem like an air head is to hide the fact that if I'm alone with my thought for too long, shit gets bad. So I keep myself distracted with Volleyball and acting dumber than I truly am because really if I think alone with no stopping, that's when I start imagining a life without me in it.

Like Idunno- I wouldn't really care if I died tomorrow.

I shake my head, like trying to literally shake away the intrusive thoughts. I need to distract myself.

Before long practice was over and we were getting back on the bus, I sat in the back of the bus. Stuffed my headphones in my ears and tried to ignore everything around me as I stared out the window. One of those things I tried ignoring was Kuroo, who really wanted to talk to me. So I gave in.

"Yeah?" I asked innocently, acting cheerly.

"You good, you seem off." He asked, I faked a yawn and blamed it on that "yeah, I'm just really tired. Whatever happened in the bathroom really took a lot out of me." I sink down into my seat, my knees pressed against the seat in front of me.

He sighed "you really scared us back there Red, Lev passed out. "

OH MY GOD! WHO CALLED IT?! ME! YES YES YES YES YES

Ok, well actually Kenma said it first BUT i agreed so it like... counts

I laugh my own thoughts "not surprised."

"You're starting to sound like him again..." he whispered, staring down at me in the seat with a look in his eyes I've seen before. I just shurg it off "well, i am in his body at the moment."

"Everythings the same expect the mind." I giggle "I wish I gad his mond though, he's super smart!"

"I never realized who cute you make him look.."

My stomach feels weird, like my flight, fight or freeze reflex kicked in. I've felt this before, at Kenma's house, but the feeling is less freeze and more fight sense im dating Kenma.

"Kenma's alway looked like this, you just never see him smile like I do." Shots fired, i think? I hope he gets the message, even if I'm not sure what the message is.

"Then I'll enjoy these moments while I have them."

Boy. That's great that you're thinking on the bright side but don't enjoy my company because I make your best friend look cute. I got a personality ya know. "Um, thanks?"

I wanna go home- oh wait.

Kenma's parents are home, oh.