*5

Chapter 5
Flying Cat
(Hinata POV)

"So, is there anything else i need to know about this team." I say changing the subject.

"Dont mention my height and you wont die." Morisuke said, I began to laugh. "Its cute, that you think I'm joking."

I stops laughing and stared, "wait, you were being serious?"

"Kinda, I'm just scary to keep a certain tall ass from being stupid." At that moment, Lev knocks into a cart of volleyball causing them to spill out. "Dumbass..."

"Dont get me wrong, Nekoma is great, but I kinda wish to be back home." I bring my knees up to my chest, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, of course Hinata. Kenma is probably thinking the same thing." He laughs a bit, "especially since we told Karasuno how to trick him into actually playing."

I stare in shock, I dont get it, making Kenma practice volleyball with me is super easy to the point I just have to ask him. His own team, they have to trick him into playing. "What did y'all do?"

"We told them to let Kageyama be an asshole to you." Morisuke said, he looked at him phone. "Apparently it worked, Keman is playing now."

He shows me a video of a match, its 3 against 3. One side is Kageyama, Asahi, and Tanaka, and the other side is Kenma, Dashi, and Tsukishima. "Its weird seeing me set and not spike."

Morisuke puts his phone down, "Well, its weird seeing Kenma spike and not set. But then again, this whole thing is weird."

We hear someone clap their hands together, we look to the source of the noise. Coach... wait what his name, again.. i dunno, Nekoma's Coach was grinning at us, well me really. "Hinata come here please." I get up and jog over to him. "Yes sir?"

"So you really are Karasuno's number nine, huh?"

"I'm number ten, nine is Kageyama." I said as nice as i could.

"Nine, ten, whatever yall were both freaks." He crosses his arms. "Anyway kid, any idea how this happened?

I think for a second, "Kenma says it has something to do with after yesterday's match, but I really doubt that because it makes no sense."

"Well, if you say it not after the match, how about in the match? Yall two were very... competitive." He says with a laugh, I tap the side my leg trying to calm down.

"All do respect sir, i don't want anymore people to find out about what happened in the match." I said, he raised an eyebrow.

"Very well. Wheres our back up setter, I wants to see this kid spike." Coach yells out, the setter nods.

I walk away from Coach, because he was already annoying me. A ball gets passed to me, I stand at the back line to get a running start. The setter nods and i pass ball to him. I honestly dont remember what happens in between passing the ball and spiking it down, one minute the just left my hand, nexts im in the air spiking it down. I fall back to the ground, i land on my feet, thankfully, i smile grows on my face.

"Was that ok?" The setter ask, i look at him and smile as a yes. He smiles back, Coach walks over and places a hand on my shoulder, "This weekend's match is going to be interesting against Fukurōdani, we may have a easier chance of winning."

"Yall are playing against Fukurōdani?"

Kuroo walks over to us, "you are too, welcome to Nekoma, Hinata."

We kept practicing for a little while to see whats the best place for me to be in. We take a break and i go back to my spot before and text Kenma,

Shouyo

How's did the
match go?

I lost, how did
you know about
the match?

Morisuke told me

Oh, hows it
going there? We
just finished
practice and now
we are getting
food.

LUCKY!!! I think
we are finishing
up practice now

I guess, hows pra-
ctice going for you.

Everyone is really
nice...

And?

??

You always do '...'
when you have
more to say.

Damn you know me
too well

Yep, so what
happened.

Everyone knows
here

Well, yeah I told
them, because
Fucking Lev was
talking very loud
adout it.

Oh um i might have
spiked a volleyball
at lev's face

Lmao, he had it
coming.

The team said
that but

You feel bad?

Yes!!

Don't be, Fucking
Lev always has a
volleyball being
spiked at his head.

Really?

Yep, oh got to go.

Call you later?

Definitely, bye
Kenma!

Bye Shoyo

I put the phone down and sighed, Kuroo tapped my head, i look up. "Yes?"

He sits down nexts to me, "Hinata, you good?"

I sigh, "do you always have to trick Kenma into playing?"

He rubs the back of his neck, "over half the time." I look down, "how many times do you use me?"

He doesnt answer right away, "Hinata, before we played the first ever match again yout team, kenma bearly ever practiced. But that day he got lost and met you, he was looking forward to the game, and during that game he was trying harder. We thought maybe he was starting to like the game, but he wasnt like that until we asked him. He told us that when he first met you something clicked in him, and he wanted to play you, and during that game, he wanted to beat you." Kuroo stops, i can feel him staring at me. "The only reason why he went to the training camp willingly, was because you were gonna be there. He was so fucking annoying the hours you werent there, and when you did show up he was less annoying. But kept on watching you play and missing the ball."

"Oh." Was all i managed to get out, "I- um... I dont know what to say..."

Kuroo laughs and stands up, "Red, you mean a lot to Kenma, more than you think." He walks away, leaving me speechless.

(1018)