21

Chapter 21
Name

The first thing I notice is the new car in the driveway, which is strange since the driveway that is usually empty. And second thing, the car has a UK license plate. So Kenma's parents are home then. Yay..

I hesitated to open the door, like my hand is on the knob, I just cant bring myself to open the door.

Oh god. How do I act? His mom said that I seemed sad when I was trying to act like him; so does he act around his parents the same way he acts with me? Like in a good mood?

This is so confusing for me. I'm so confused about everything in general about the who switch thing. Kenma is my beat friend! I should know how he acts!

I sigh right before I open the door, the smell of dinner cooker hit me first. It smells so good, maybe even better than my mom's cooking- don't tell her I said that.

I close the door behind me and as I take off my shoes Kenma's mom enters the entrance, Kenma and her look so similar. I wonder how similar he looks to his dad.

"Kenma you're home!" She runs up and wrap her arms around me, "you have to tell me everything. How's school and practice going? Have you made any new friends? Oh! How are you and that boy from that other school- what's it called Karasuno? Yeah that! How's he doing? You have to tell me everything!" I think she's more hyper than me.

What's something Kenma would say to me when I asked too many questions without giving him a panic attack? "I only understood half the questions you asked me."

She laughed at my comment "ok ok. Dad will be home soon, he's at the store. We can talk while I finish dinner."

Kenma's mom's facing the shove as I sit on the counter. Time for a Kenma comment. "Mind retelling me all 82 questions again?" I joked, Kenma's mom gave me a look that can only be described as a 'that was funny but im not gonna show it because I'm your parent' look. She laughed dryly "Haha, glad to see you didn't lose that great sense of humor of yours while we were gone. You're father will be trilled."

"Learned from the best."

"Ha!" She laughed sarcastically, "son you're starting to sound like Kuro." My face slightly dropped when i heard his name, Kenma's mom noticed right away. "Hey, what with the face? Did you two have a fight or something?"

She's an adult, she'll give me advice, "I think.. I think Kuro likes me.. like likes me."

Kenma's mom turned the shove off and faces me "do you like him back?" Wait, she doesn't care? Wait, does she know Kenma's gay? Or is she just so chill that she doesn't care about either? "By your silence I'm guessing no."

"I just- I don't like him like that, and I thought he didn't too but he keep flirting with me and I don't like it." Kenma mom moves to lean against the counter Im sitting on. "Have you talked to him about it, how it makes you uncomfortable?"

Shaking my head no, I continue "I can't even really tell if he is flirting or not. Like he gets really close and in my space. Constantly touching me... like all the time. People on the team have started noticing too, I basically had to be saved by a teammate on the bus bc Kuro was trying to get me to sit in the back with him." I sallow the lump in my throat that's been building up, "I don't think he's gonna do anything but... I don't know- my stomach is just constantly telling me to run when I'm around him."

I notice how she drums her fingers on the counter, Kenma does the same thing. Its brought me comfort. "I don't think he'll do anything either, sweetheart. But if you're really worried about this, it's ok to step away from the friendship. You have other friends.. like that boy from Karasuno." She grinned knowingly.

Soooo... does she know that Kenma's gay? Wait why did she say it like that!? Does Kenma talk about me to his mom!?

"Why'd you say it like that? You're making it sound all weird." I can feel my face heat up at the thought of Kenma talking about me to his parents. Like, how much do they know about me?

"You know what I mean, you been talking about him since you met him, and I know you and him had that fight last week." She gave me a smile, "I hope you two worked it out, I can tell Hinata makes you happy."

Ya know that moment when you caught so off guard you just forget to speak. Yeah, that just happened. After relearning how to talk i was able to repose. "Um.. yeah, we worked it out. Turns out he wasn't being homophobic, he was just confused. The new feeling he was having towards me wasn't disgust.... He just.. likes me too." I laughed softly as i thought back to that misunderstanding. Kenma's mom put her hand on mine, "I'm so glad to hear that. So are you two dating now?"

"Ah... no. Hinata isn't ready yet, he's still has a lot learning about himself."

"Well then, when he is ready, I can't wait to meet him."

Should I tell her about the switch? She seem so laid back.

"Maybe you won't have to wait much longer.." I said quietly, his mom looks confused, "um.. I'm not k-" I was cut off by the front door opening, that means Kenma's dad is home then. I guess it wpuld be better to tell them both together.

What if they don't believe me, I have no way of proving it; ok, let's be real, the likeliness of them believe me right away is close to zero. Probably at zero. We lucked out with our team just believing right away.

Wait- I just realized something. That makes no sense, both team just accept it right away with of question?

Surely someone had to point out that it's crazy how fast it we accepted. Tsukishima had to say something? Out of all people he would definitely call out how normal people are acting towards this! Me and Kenma swapped bodies- that's not normal!! Why didn't we say anything?!

"Im home." A voice cut off my thoughts, "is Kenma back yet?" His dad's voice is deeper than I thought it would be, he also has an accent, sounds british maybe. Kenma's mom moved from the counter to the doorway, "he's in here with me!"

Kenma's dad walks in, still in his still in his work clothes if i had to guess. Also he's english. Wait, so does that mean Kenma is mixed? Damn, I definitely need to learn more about my best friend.. and hopefully, one day... boyfriend? Maybe.

God, I hope so.

His parents caught on to my face again, apparently my expression are too much for Kenma's face, because apparently everyone can read me like a book!

"Kenma, love?" His mom cups my cheek, "what's wrong, are you still thinking about Kuro?"

"Wait, what happened with Kuro?" His dad asked, his mom looked towards her husband, "Kuro might have a crush on Kenma but he doesn't like him back so he's kind of freaking out about it."

"Oh son, its fine to freak out about this stuff. If you need to cry, its ok." Kenma's dad said to me. This family is so accepting, should I tell them.

I sallow again, "I'm not freaking out about that?"

"Then what's wrong sweetheart?" She moves her hand from my cheek to hold my own hand. Kenma's dad puts a hand on my shoulder. "You can talk to us son."

"I'm not your son..." they seem totally confused, which is understandable. "I'm not Kenma. I'm Hinata, Shouyo.. we kinda switched bodies."