14

Chapter 14
A day before

The week went by decently fast, pretending to be Shouyo was, tiring to say the least. His history teacher was surprised when he saw the recent test grades, even making the comment "keep this up and you might move up a class." I might, Shouyo will not. Might have to fail the next test to knock me back down.

Other than that, it's Saturday and apparently we are playing against 'Aoba Johsai' tomorrow, we are driving in today. I don't know much of that team since we are different districts, Shouyo said they were a power house. Mentions the name Oikawa and Iwaizumi before, kageyama has 'history' with them. I think Oikawa is a setter, should be interesting when he see no Kageyama to be seen and Hinata is making sets.

I'm starting to get excited, not for volleyball. For the reactions of pure confusion.

.
.
.

Shou's mom drops me off in front of the school, she gives me a heartwarming smiling. "Be safe Shouyo, make sure to text me when you get there. Love you."

Wish my parents were like this, but mom and dad are usually on business trips. "Bye mom, love you too." I return her smile and get my bag out the back seat. She smiles once more and drives away. The others were out front in the gates, when they noticed me walking towards them they waved.

"Glad you could make it Kenma." Yachi smiled at me, i gave her a wave before Coach Ukai claps to get our attention. "Ok now that everyone is here. We need to go over some things, me and Specs were talking and we both agreed that we aren't gonna tell them about the switch with two tones and little red."

The team shared the same thought 'Kenma is our setter.'

"Do you want us to gaslight the other team and say Hinata was our setter the whole time? Oikawa is dumb but not that dumb." Tsukishima said, his voice was dripping with sarcasm.

Ukai laughed "not necessarily, we'll tell anyone who ask that Hinata is learning to make sets since Kageyama is out of commission. Sugawara is teaching him."

"Wait- why am I out of commission?" Kageyama asked, he crossed his arms over his chest. Coach Ukai sighed "we'll talk about this later but for now. Everyone on the bus now!"

I dont think kageyama isnt too happy with the current situation, he's being benched. I don't think he can deal with it, but it about time someone knocked his crown off. I think it looks better on me anyway.

//A/n: pop off Kenma be sassy

I watch as the road turns back to a town setting, the houses were bigger and nicer than the ones back home, and i mean Hinata's town not mine. Even our towns look basically identical. We pulled into the parking of a huge school, when we got out the team seemed surprised by my expression. "Whats the matter Kenma, dont have gyms this big back home?" Tanaka asked me

"No, we do. Im just shocked, Shou never mentioned how big it was."

"Thats why she says." Noya says standing beside Tanaka now, they both struggle to keep in their laughing before they break. Because thats why she says jokes are so funny, i hope you can feel my sarcasm. Suga sighed beside me "idoits, here." He says befor throwing Nishinoya and Tanaka's bags at them, hitting them both square in the face.

After we got our bags out, a group of guys walk towards us, they were wearing practice uniforms. The older guy, probably the coach, shook Ukai hand, i walk over to Kiyoko. "Who's that?" I ask her.

She pushes up her glasses and answers "thats their coach, Irihata. He's overly confident about his team."

"Ok.. who's the guys behind him. The one with the black, spiky hair, the mean looking one."

"Iwaizumi. You've probably heard Hinata talk ahout him before." I nod and she continues "he's good friends with the setter."

"Oikawa." I finsih "arent those to dating? Like Iwaizumi and Oikawa?" Kiyoko laughed lightly "it will seem that way but not yet."

"Yet?"

Suga and Daichi show up out of nowhere "we're betting how long it takes for them to get together. And who will ask first, im on Iwaizumi side." Sugawara says, Daichi rolls his eyes "my money is on Oikawa asking first- oh speak of the devil, here comes Oikawa."

An extremely good looking guys comes into view, woah. "Thats.. Oikawa.." Sugawara, of course noticed my flusteredness and chuckled "don't tell us your falling for him now."

I feel my face get pink slightly "what no, its just like.. Damn."

The 3rd years around me were laughing at my wording, they find me funny for some reason. I zoned out for a moment and overheard Oikawa say something to Iwaizumi. "Huh, I don't remember Chibi-chan being that friendly with the 3rd years. Isnt he usually with Tobio."

"Maybe they had a falling out. Don't think too hard about it, might hurt yourself." Iwaizumi insulted him, Oikawa pouted "you're so mean, Iwa." I understand why theyre betting now.

"Um.. Daichi?" I tap him on the shoulder, he hummed a yes "does Oikawa call Sho- ah Hinata Chibi-chan too?"

"Oh yeah, a few people do. Hinata calls Oikawa the great kind and Oika-senpai."

Of course he does "yeah, I'll say great king only to piss kageyama off but im not saying Oika-Senpai." I roll my eyes, the teams still finds it amusing when i make annoyed expressions and gestures, im sure my team gets out of seeing my body be happy and liking volleyball.

I wonder how they're doing now, they have a match with Fukurōdani tomorrow. Hope Shouyo is doing alright, especially with the bullying.