*3

(More edits)

Chapter 3
A Crow with Fur

Hinata lowers his phone, 'this gym is huge! I cant believe I'm training here how the nexts 2 weeks!'

"You good?" Kuroo says placing a hand on his head. "I've never seen Kenma make that face before, so I'm worried."

"What face, what you've never seen Kenma happy before?" Hinata raised an eyebrow, "he smiles all the time when we hang out."

Kuroo removes his hand, "You really are special, huh. I've only seen kenma smile a little bit, and that is when hes with you or watching you play or texting you or calling you..."

"So it's really just me then? Weird." He says pushing blond hair out his face, "how does kenma live like this!"

Kuroo laughs and reaches into his pocket and pulls out a hair tie, hinata takes it and puts his/Kenma's hair in a ponytail. "Better?"

"Yeah, thanks." Hinata smiles, kuroo mumble something unintelligent, "what was that?"

"Nothing, come on, I'll toss you some." Kuroo steps into the gym, the net is already up.

"How do you know how to make tosses?"

"My best friend is a setter. I've learned, I'm just not amazing." Kuroo smirks, hinata makes a face. "What?"

"You look weird when you smirk." Kuroo stares in shock, hinata giggles. "Now throw me some please?"

"Firstly, rude. How the hell does kenma deal with you."

(A/N: Ok before I fail at trying to explain how volleyball works, let me note I'm bad at explaining. Ok bye)

"I ask him that a lot." He laughs and picks up a volleyball, he walks to the last line of the court, kuroo rolls his eyes and stands by the net.

He throws the ball up and towards kuroo, as Kuroo sets it, hinata's face lit up in excitement, running as face as he could. The moment he left the ground, it's as if time froze, hitting the ball he fell to the ground, he lost his balance and fell backwards. The ball sits on the other side of the court.

Kuroo stares in shock, either by the fact that he on the same side as hinata, or that kenma just made a spike. "Shouyo, that was incredible." Kuroo pulls him to his feet.

Hinata looks up in disbelief, "Um... why did you call me Shouyo and not hinata?"

"Is Shouyo not your last name? That's what kenma calls you." Kuroo rubs that back of his next.

"Nope, Shouyo's my first name. I thought kenma calls me hinata to other people so they dont think that Shouyo is my last name." He sighs then laughs, "my own team doesnt call me Shouyo. But I guess this team does. Haha its fine."

A/N: I'm going by the dubbed and really only kenma says Shouyo. Yes in subbed players on hinata's team call him Shouyo, but for plot, going by dubbed. (Plus dubbed is funnier and you can fight me on that.)

"Might want to tell the team that."

"Tell the team what?" part of the team walks in, the voices unfamiliar so hinata couldnt tell who it's from. He did see the one and only *fucking* Lev

(A/N: YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA GO OUT MY WAY AND LOOK UP THEIR NAMES... well yes I am)

"Captain is favoring Kenma again." Someone calls out, their libero.

"Shut up, this isnt even kenma." Kuroo smirks, he picks up another volleyball, and he passes it to hinata. He catches it and walks back to his spot before.

Hinata serves the ball to kuroo, just as Kuroo set it, hinata already in the air. Spiking it down, he glances towards the team, they're in shock. He lands to the ground and doesnt fall this time. He turns to kuroo, "no offense, but your sets kinda suck both times I almost didnt make it. Hopefully yall have another setter because you're shit."

'Did he just!' The whole gym thought, well expect hinata and kuroo.

Hinata sighs, "i get that your not a setter but if Kenma is your only setter. What would happen if he gets hurt or sick, yall just gonna relay on the other team messing up? And the moment, karasuno has four setters: Suga, Kageyama, Noya and now Kenma."

Kuroo laughs, "relax red, of course we have more then one setter, not saying we have four, but it not just Kenma."

"So why is Shouyo in Kenma's body?" Lev says.

"No idea. We have 2 weeks to figure it out tho." Kuroo says, "also Hinata would you like to explain your name?" He passes Hinata another ball.

He sighs before looking towards the team and smiles, "I get that Kenma calls me Shouyo, but that's my first name. But he only calls me Shouyo cause were good friend and stuff." He laughs, "but please call Hinata, it's kinda weird having a different team call me Shouyo when my own doesn't."

Lev being a fucking stupid, calls out. "Are you sure you and kenma are just friends?"

Hinata stares in annoyance, he throws the ball up in the air and hitting it as hard as he can towards Lev nearly hitting him in the face. He break his trance and quickly realizes what he just done, he bows, "Sorry! I didnt mean to do that."

"He had it coming, hinata." Someones calls out, he looks up and the team is crowded around him.

"We'll start practice when the coaches get here, for now your free to go." Kuroo yells out, the team walks away from hinata. Hinata smiles and walks towards where he left Kenma's- his bag. He sits down against the wall and grabs Kenma's phone hoping to past the time.

"Hey Hinata." A voice calls out from the right of him, he turns to see a player on the shorter side. "I'm Yaku Morisuke."

"Oh your Nekoma libero, correct?"

"Yep. You good? That spike you made towards Lev was kinda scary. But he had it coming." He leans against the wall and slides down to sit next to hinata.

He let's out a sigh, "I keep getting offensive anytime some mentions me and kenma 'friendship'" air quotes around friendship that what his team does. "Or when some mentions that game."

"Are you mad because yall lost? Yall do it a lot, no offense." Morisuke says, if only he knew.

"You didnt see what happened?"

"Nope."

He rubs the back of his next. "Well, at first it was a normal game, but kenma was being distracting, he kept on doing something and I was thrown off my game. Coach Ukai noticed me and called a time out, I never said what he was doing but by the end of the set. He noticed, and called me out for it, and told me to just do it back to kenma. I did and yall lost the 2nd set. Thats when we were both benched, and ah the guys were syaing stuff-" he gets cut off.

"I get it. I'm not going to push it but because I'm off and on the court, I didnt know what happened." He sighs.

"Apparently fuckin Lev does." Hinata mumble, and Morisuke laughed. "You sound just like Kenma."

He thought for a few seconds. "You know, that kinda explains why kenma wasnt in the best mood. He was getting annoyed by little things, like people being too loud or lev not thinking before he says stuff, or lev existing, or lev being lev. He hid it well but, you can tell somthing was off. Just because I didnt notice what happened in that game doesnt mean I'm blind the all games. You always tell him good job or smile when we get a point or when yall get point. Probably dumb but it's like you make him stronger."

"Oh, my bad then." Hinata looks down and his face feels red. 'I'm just embarrassed.'

(1339)