*4

Chapter 4
The Dictator and the Thief
(Kenma's POV)

"Game time!" Our head wiped around to face Coach U.... how does his name go. Honestly, I can't think straight, I'm freaking out, like I'm playing a game against Kageyama and as much as I hate the guy, he has talent. I just got annoyed with how he treats Shouyo, he shouldn't be Shouyo's setter... I'm not jealous!

I couldn't keep up with Hinata even if I tried, he levels up to quickly.

"Are you chickening out?" I hear a sour sounding voice behind me, I turn and see Tsukishima stands behind me with his arms cross. "Your hands are shaking."

"They always do that." I hold up my hand, of course my hand is twitching. "This is normal."

"Ok, sure. You probably want to line up." He turns on his heels and heads to the the line, I follow.

With the power of time skip.

I look at the score 17 - 20. They're beating our asses, and also it they're ball, and also Kageyama has the ball, and ALSO he does jump serves, AND ALSO he's starring at me, AND ALSO- Shit!

He was lucky, the ball went right to me, I was able to get the ball but it caused me to fall on my knees and the ball to go other the net. "My bad." I say quietly.

Tanaka hits it and now Kageyama can be a setter, he's not even the final boss why is this so hard, I thought the first boss was a joke.

He sets it to the ace and for a second I thought he could read my thoughts, because he hits it out of the court.

18 - 20, our ball.

I stare in shock, he could have easily made that and got the point. I make eye contact with Asahi, he winks and smiles. "Of course, Kageyama isn't the joke of the boss the other players are...." Daichi and Tsukishima look at me, "Um what-" Tsukishima gets cuts off but the ball almost hitting him. "Ok, I get it, I'm serving..."

Daichi whispers, "What are you talking about?"

I watch Tsukishima get to the serving line, "In a video game the 1st boss is usually a joke, turns out his teammates arent playing at their fullest, because Asahi hit it out on purpose."

He smiles and watches Tsukishima serve, "no wonder Tanaka is jumpy today, he hasn't been hitting full swing." The ball goes over the net and Asahi hits it to Kageyama, daichi and Tsukishima get ready to block Tanaka, but-

Setter dunk!- I was able to get it before it hits the ground. It's in the air, but heading for the back of the court, tsukki saves it and... time to set.

They're all watching Daichi, but yeah no. Setter dunk but this one works, kageyama wasn't able to get it, oops.

I smirk and look at the score, "19-20, let's do this."

TIME SKIP TO MATCH POINT. But for who?

Can he stop with the setter dunks, like please he wont make it. You can tell hes trying to make one.

But not this time, this time I almost missed.

He must be learning how to cover it, becaus I thought he was gonna set it to Tanaka, but no setter dunk... I dive at the last second trying to grab it but its too late and hit the ground.

A whistle is heard throughout the gym, the games is over, I pick myself off the ground and look down, a hand lands on my head. "Welcome to the team, new setter." Daichi said, he takes his hand off my head.

"But I lost."

"That really doesn't matter, we were going to put you in anyway we just wanted to see how you play." Daichi said rubbing the back of his neck. "Your team and Hinata says you hate kageyama so we wanted to see if we can use that to get you to play. Sorry but we know that you're unenthusiastic about everything."

"So I got all gross sweaty for nothing?" I clocked an eyebrow.

"Not for nothing," Noya ran over to us and smiles, "we now know, that if Hinata is on the line you'll actually try harder."

I go quietly, I mean they arent wrong my emotions took over, "so I got all gross and sweaty for nothing."

"Um.... yep.=I"

Suga chimed in, "Well Kozume-" I cut him off.

"Call me kenma." The team smiles, suga continues, "Well Kenma, try and look on the bright side!"

"And that is."

Tsukishima walks, "you would do anything for 'Shouyo'. Are you sure yall are 'just friends'."

Suga goes into mother mode, "No, thats not what i was talking about!"

I say quietly under my breath, "I say we are not, but Shouyo is refusing to accept anything..." shit i said to much!

The team shares the same equality confused look, "what?" They all say at the same time.

I wipe my even sweater hand on my shorts, but it did nothing. "After the game yesterday, me and Shoyo's relationship changed, he's refusing to accept it. And i think it has something to do with this mind swap thing."

(873)