[ᵐⁱˢˢⁱᵒⁿ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ ᵛᵉʳ ²]

We all know the original, but what if someone else died instead?

Tw: gore, murder, violence, angst, angry Zihao, when I say violent I mean it. Man full out goes crazy.

--------------------

Hu's eyes widened at the sight of Zihao standing in the middle of a circle of villains. Zihao just managed to get Bakugou out of the area, yet his energy was running low. As Dabi's flames began to grow, Hu let out a scream. "ZIHAOOOOO!" He wasted no time as he jumped down into the broken building. The stray rumble was sent flying as Hu ran in front of Zihao. Opening his arms, he shielded Zihao from the flames.

Zihao closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the flames to swallow him whole. Yet, the fire never arrived. Opening his eyes, he saw Hu standing in front of him. A kind smile was on his face as his skin began to burn off. Zihao stood still as he watched Hu's body collapse to the ground. The flames around them started to shrink as Zihao rushed to catch the pinkette.

"Hu- but how... you were supposed to... but-" Zihao stuttered out as he held Hu on his lap. Shock flooded his system as he held the bloody body of his friend. When did he even get there?

A silent chuckle left Hu's lips as his body sat stiff. "I'm sorry Matcha, I couldn't let you take the burn this time." Groaning in pain, Hu looked up at Zihao with a warm look. "Please don't hate me."

Tears rained from Zihao's face as he held Hu closer. "I could never, please don't leave me. Please Hu, I need you." His voice came out in pleads as he rocked back and forth.

"Forgive m-me." Hu took a sharp intake in as he winced. "This is the end of the strawberry matcha duo." Letting out a sob masked by a laugh, his hand rested on Zihao's head. "Sayonara love..."

The greenette froze as he felt Hu's body go limp in his lap. The hand on his head slowly slid off as Zihao stood up, body in hand. Hu's head rested against his chest as his arm fell to the side. 

"Zihao, let's just talk about this oka-" Dabi tried to reason as he took a step closer. His eyes stayed trained on Zihao's face that was covered with his hair. He dared not look at the burned body of his former friend.

"you killed him." Zihao mumbled to himself.

"What was that?" Dabi asked hesitantly as he tried to get closer. Almost as if he was approaching a wild animal.

"You. Killed. Him." Zihao hissed as he raised his head, his face was covered in tear stains. Yet, his eyes showed no emotion. "YOU FUCKING KILLED HIM." He yelled while his body began to shake from anger.

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" Dabi roared out, trying to defend himself.

A satanic laugh erupted from Zihao's mouth as he threw his head back. More tears ran down his face as his laughter filled the air. "You'll all join him." 

Before Dabi had the chance to respond, Zihao stomped releasing all the smoke in his shoes. The green smog flooded towards the villains until it covered them. Inside and out. The intoxicating smell of green tea filled their senses as it danced across their skin. Slowly, it entered the airways. Leaving them unable to breathe. The temperature steadily raised until it felt like they too, were on fire. 

Zihao continued to laugh as the arena became his playground. The smoke surrounded him lovingly as it avoided touching the duo. Almost creating a thin shield around them. A small cloud of smoke gently held Hu's body. Rising into the air, Zihao watched as Hawks took the body to a safer location.

The smoke quickly ran back into Zihao's shoes as he walked towards Dabi's body. A blank expression sat on his face as he watched Dabi gasp for air. "What's wrong old friend, cat got your tongue?" Venom laced his voice as he stared down at him.

A thin trail of blood flowed out of Touya's eye as he looked at Zihao pleadingly. "Ha, you want mercy?" Crouching down, he watched Dabi nod frantically. Zihao wiped away the blood from Dabi's eye and rubbed it onto his pants. "Where was that mercy when Hu was being burned alive?" He asked softly before harshly grabbing Touya by the hair. Yelling in his face, he held his hair in a tight fist. "WHERE WAS HIS FUCKING MERCY TODOROKI TOUYA?! HUH? WHERE WAS IT?!" Bringing his arm down, he slammed the elder's head into the concrete below. A puddle of blood spilled out as he continued to ram his head into the ground.

"Z-zihao... what are you doing?" Aizawa watched in horror as blood splattered onto Zihao's clothes. The sound of Dabi's head hitting the ground echoed throughout the scene with a sickening crunch each time. He cautiously walked over the rumble. The hero's eyes widened at the bodies lying around, not one, but six bodies laid still. Each one was unmoving; torch marks littered their skin. 

"They killed Hu. They deserved it." Zihao muttered out unforgivingly as he stood up. Raising his leg, he stomped on Dabi's skull. 

"ZIHAO STOP! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!" Aizawa rushed to his side and pulled the boy away from the body. His arms wrapped around Zihao's as he yanked him backwards.

"NO! THOSE BASTARDS KILLED HIM! THEY KILLED MY ONLY REASON OF LIVING!" He sniffled as he broke out into a quiet sob. "They killed Hu, Ai. His gone..." His voice came out quieter as he turned around and wrapped his arms around Aizawa. Shoving his face into the male's shoulder, he let out broken cries.

For what else is one to do, when their entire world goes down in flames right in front of their eyes.

The next chapter will be scenes from the original story line :D so nothing harsh. And then a story showing where Hu and Zihao would be in a world without quirks

I wrote this in like thirty minutes, so it won't be as good as the first part but it's something :')