Chapter 20

"You have such pretty eyes," Weston slurred as I practically dragged him into my house. He had pleaded to stay with Oliver, but Olivier had a very drunk Xander to take care of too. So here I was: dragging a drunk Weston up my front steps. It was a miracle that we made it up the steps. Luna must've heard the commotion because she rushed around the corner in her night gown.

"Goodness! How much did he drink?" She asked while laughing. She went straight into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, handing it to Weston who barely kept a grip on it.

"Is it okay if he sleeps here? I don't have the energy to take him home." Saying those words hit me with the reality of how tired I was. My limbs were going limp from the weight of Weston, I was drenched in sweat, and I had cake in my hair from Xander.

Luna kissed my cheek lightly. "Of course, sweetie. Good night," she assured me, as she ventured back up to her room.

"Thanks, goodnight Mom." It came out of my mouth without me realizing. I don't think I would've noticed if Luna hadn't stopped in her tracks. She turned to me slowly with wide eyes, but simply nodding with a growing smile on her face. I think I just got promoted to number one son. If I wasn't there already.

Instead of letting Weston stumble up the steps, I decided to just carry his drunk ass up bridal style. I just plopped him on my bed, and took off his disgusting shoes. I slowly took off his elf costume off, leaving him in his boxers. He was passed out as I managed to put on one of my shirts on him. It was slightly big on him but good enough. Now it was my turn to strip and change into pjs.

I crawled into bed next to him like we were this morning. Before closing my eyes, I took out the picture of my family from my pocket to admire it one last time. I tucked it away in my nightstand before falling asleep.

...

The growling was deafening in the darkness. My eyes flew open only to be staring at glowing amber ones. A shadow stood above Weston's sleeping body, but I could tell instantly who the shadow was.

"Lyle, what the fuck are you doing?" I whisper yelled at him as I scurry around the bed. The shadow didn't stop growling at the boy in my bed, which led to me believe it wasn't Lyle in control. Weston stirred in his sleep, causing the wolf in control of Lyle's body to pounce. Swiftly, I grabbed his wrist, yanking him back against the wall. His head hit with a thump, yet that didn't stop him, and I knew exactly why. When I touched him, sparks erupted about my body, but I didn't let that distract me from pinning the guy against the wall to prevent him from attacking Weston again. The sparks were undeniable as our bodies were flushed together against the wall. The golden eyes were still trained on Weston as the wolf struggled underneath my grip.

"Geez, fucking calm down!" I yelled directly into his ear, but of course it didn't help, he only struggled more. So I did the only thing I could think of. My lips crashed onto his as I gripped his face tightly. Thankfully, Lyle relaxed beneath me, kissing back eagerly. After I felt he had calmed down (and getting a little too friendly with his tongue), I pulled back to look into his eyes again. I watched patiently as the golden eyes darkened back into Lyle's dark brown.

The stone face softened into a look of confusion. "Blaze, what happened? How did I get in here?" He glanced at Weston, who was surprisingly still sleeping.

Anger rushed to me at the thought he was about to hurt Weston. An innocent person. "What happened is that you tried to kill Weston! You need to get a fucking grip on your wolf. I know the bond is strong, but not that strong. Fuck man! I just had to stop you from ripping his throat out!" I whisper yelled, clearly showing my rage, but Lyle only showed confusion.

"Why would my wolf do that?" He started slowly, not making eye contact with me as he did some soul searching. "What bond?" He mumbled, which made it clear he was an idiot.

I stomped over to the door and opened it. I walked out and just expected Lyle to follow like a little puppy, which he did, all the way to his room. Lyle's room smelled intoxicating as soon as I entered. Lyle closed the door behind us, looking just as frightened and confused as before.

"Seriously Lyle, you need to get your wolf under control. He can't come out every time I'm with another person," I scolded, plopping on his bed, which also smelled too much like him for my liking. Well, my wolf loved it. Me, not so much.

Lyle sniffed the air a bit, and that's when it all came together for him. He jaw went slack as he stared at me in astonishment. "We're mates?" His eyes looked like they'd pop out of him any second. I simply gave him a "duh" look. "But I'm not gay! And I didn't even know you liked guys!"

Okay, my mate seriously is an idiot. "I've been sleeping with your best friend. Who's a guy to remind you." I rolled my eyes as I stared at the fucking idiot in front of me. Lyle started pacing the room, clearly in distress over the news. I wasn't very happy about it either, but I knew it was sort of a blessing in disguise. He would reject me, then I could live my life the way I want. But I knew after breaking my bond with Xander when we were little, I wouldn't have the heart to break this bond. He'd have to make that decision.

"Look," I broke him out of his head. "I don't know how two dominant males got paired together, but-"

Lyle cut me off quickly. "I don't know how an Alpha got paired with a fucking rogue!" I freeze at his words. Normally sadness would fill me, but instead it was rage and disappointment that flooded my mind.

"I wasn't born a rogue. I was a rogue for less than a year," I spit back at him, not really caring about the information about my life I'd spill.

Now it was his turn to freeze. He narrowed his eyes at me, attempting to see if I was lying. "What? You've just let everyone call you a rogue all your life when you've known your actual backstory?" His words were much calmer now, and so was he because he actually sat on his desk rather than pacing.

"Because I don't care about how this pack views me." My words came out harsher than I imagined, causing Lyle to instantly slouch into his seat. "Look, I can't reject you. I just- I just don't want that on my conscience amongst other things," I sighed, allowing myself to take my hair with my hand. I stand up abruptly, not being able to stand being under Lyle's gaze. "I'll give you a week, okay? If you decide you don't want this, then you can reject me. I'll be fine. I'm finally happy for once in my life, so please don't fuck it up for me." I begin to walk out of my room, but he grabbed my shoulder, sending the shocks through me again.

His eyes were soft, and for a moment, just a moment, I thought about how I'd love to wake up to them every morning. But that thought vanished as quickly as it came.

"I'll agree to the week... but can you not go back in there?" His voice shook as he glanced at my bedroom door. "I'm trying to keep my wolf in check, but you sharing a bed with another male is just too much for him..." he trailed off. His cheeks burned a vibrant pink as he looked everywhere but at me.

Groaning, I knew he was right. "I'll sleep on the couch downstairs. Just don't rip out my best friend's throat while I'm not there to protect him." As it may have sounded like a joke, it was a serious concern of mine.

I didn't turn back as I descended the stairs, but the eyes burning holes into me were practically pleading me to.