Chapter 32

The rest of our winter break was rather boring, nothing like big moves or Alpha coronations. The week consisted of many tours by Lilith and many movie nights with Xander. All those things were great, but nothing made me happier than getting constant texts from my mate.

Dad and I did some hand to hand combat today, and he gave me a black eye. Mom was PISSED. She told him to sleep on the couch, but that didn't last long.

That was the first text I woke up to. I giggled and smiled at the messages, imagining my mother failing to kick her husband out of bed.

Has your eye healed yet? As I waited for a reply, I rolled out of bed. It was the last day before I started my new impromptu school. I managed to get up the nerve to tell Lyle I switched schools, which went better than I thought.

It literally healed while Mom was lecturing Dad, but she didn't care. I sighed, secretly agreeing with my mother's lecture. No one should hurt my mate on purpose.

Good. What are you plans for today? I shifted through my closet trying to find an outfit for the day. I decided on some training joggers and my favorite green athletic shirt. Lilith told me I should wear green more often because it makes my eyes pop.

You were right about dad letting me be coronated now. We are having a meeting today to set a date and start planning. That made me smile. I hated the fact that I had been holding him back from his coronation.

I'm sure Luna will be all over planning. You will probably just need to set up and show up 😂

There was a knock at my door. I wasn't surprised to see Hayden standing there holding bagels. Hayden and I have gotten pretty close this past week since he's the only person I told about Lyle. I felt bad, like it was bringing back old memories, but he kept coming back for more. I think he liked living vicariously through me.

"You look sexy in green," he complimented as he plopped in his usual spot on my couch. He did this everyday. Bring me food, pick my brain for a bit, give me random compliments, then go off to do some work.

I rolled my eyes at him and sat next to him. "Lilith said the same thing." It's when we ate that Hayden told me about how his first meeting with the warriors went yesterday. He was very much intimidated by them, which I could understand. Us warriors can be very intimidating, it just takes some time adjusting to.

"I've got my first training session with the warriors today. I've gone to a few of their sessions this week with Xander, but I think it's time I actually led one." Hayden nodded vigorously at that, like he wanted to say something, but couldn't because he stuffed his mouth with food.

"Yes, please. Once you start leading them and they respect you, then you can be there for the meetings to support me," he pleaded desperately. I laughed at his plea. I doubted it really went that bad yesterday, but I'll indulge in his antics for a bit.

My phone was buzzing across the room, which startled me. Hayden gave me a puzzled look as well as I carefully walked over to examine it.

"Hey, Dad, what's up?" That seemed to soothe Hayden's curious mind because he sat back and began stuffing his face again.

"Hey, good news. The council has agreed to meet with us on January 14th, so about two weeks," he announced. I let out a sigh of relief knowing it would be so soon. Xander and Uncle Zach were tracking Vance's movements for a while, but they lost him somewhere up in Canada. We hoped he wouldn't hear about me being alive anytime soon.

"That's great. Thank you, Dad," I replied, feeling very grateful for my dad's string pulling techniques.

"So Lyle has been in a much better mood lately and has been smiling at his phone all week..." I mentally cursed my father for being so in tune with Lyle's and my relationship.