Chapter 36

Lyle's POV

Sweating. That was the last thing I remembered before waking up in a hotel bed completely naked. Wasn't a great start to the morning. The room was in pristine condition besides the bed of course. Even my clothes were all nicely folded in the corner.

I glanced around for any clue as to what the fuck happened last night. A note laid beside me on the night side table.

Fallon,

I hope you are feeling better. I talked to your father, and a guard is now posted outside the room. Stay for as long as you need. Your father is claiming you are at a meeting or something. Let me know if you need anything. I'll be back on Wednesday if you are still suffering through heat.

You are my perfect mate. I'd fight and die for you a million times again. I'd reign over Rome again if it meant holding you.

Love,

Your Apollo

Lots to unpack here. First, I must be in heat. Second, how the fuck is it possible for an Alpha to go through heat. Third, who the fuck is Apollo?!

Blaze's wolf, you idiot! Fallon shouted in my mind. Of course now he chooses to be vocal.

Why the fuck are we going through heat? And what did you do last night?! I shouted in my mind at him. He grumbled a bit, refusing to answer.

I decided I better take a shower since I was sweaty and a bit sticky, which did not make me feel better about the situation. Most of the initial symptoms I felt had lessened, thanks to whatever the wolves did. I made sure to search my neck for a mark just in case. Clear neck, except for some hickeys.

The cold shower helped ease the heat that was boiling within me. Now I understood the complainants from the females and omegas about how tortuous heat really was.

I managed to put on some shorts, but decided against a shirt since I figured I'd sweat through it.

The entire room smelled like Blaze, which drove Fallon insane. Obviously Fallon is in love with Blaze's wolf considering that little note. The scent also put together why I was the one going through heat. Even through my foggy mind, I could tell that Blaze's scent was extremely strong. His strength surpassed mine by a landslide, but I wasn't sure why. He was an Alpha, that much was given. But even then, why is he so much stronger than me?

Don't go searching for something you don't want to know. Fallon growled in my mind, but I ignored him. He was obviously depleted of strength considering I'm having no difficulty taking charge.

I was about to pick up my phone to call Blaze, or Apollo, but a new scent hit me. There was a wolf outside my door. The guard that Apollo referenced, I assumed, but he sure as hell wasn't from my pack.

I flew open the door to glare at the unflinching man next to it. He was gigantic with biceps the size of my head. He looked a bit older with his five o'clock shadow, but only by a couple of years. He simply glanced at me, then looked forward again.

"Who the hell are you?" I spit out, standing straighter to give off my alpha aura a bit more.

He glanced again, no emotion on his face. This reminded me a lot of Blaze's attitude. The secretly damaged but acts as if they don't give a fuck attitude.

"Hayden. Blazen sent me to guard your door. Your father knows," he stated, not even turning to face me.

My eyes narrowed at him, trying to understand why he was sent. "Are you mated or something? That's why you were sent to guard?" This comment made Hayden stiffen slightly. Bingo.