Chapter 45

Blaze's POV

A string of frantic texts last night warned me about my mother, but I wasn't prepared to spend 2 hours with her on the phone this morning scolding me for not telling her as well as her planning our wedding and when we are going to have children. It was embarrassing to say the least. I did invite her and Dad to dinner this week at my apartment so Lyle and I could talk to them together.

Lyle was now on his way over to pick me up to drive an hour to Creek Sorrow Pack, Luna's childhood pack. Marybeth McLauffin, a former member of the Werewolf council, and the only one to vote against murdering me, lived on the outskirts of the pack. Luna's sister still resides in this pack with her mate and three children. So us entering the land was not much of a threat if anyone saw us. Lilith also did the honors of putting a spell to hide my Alpha scent to others. It only lasts for a couple of hours, though, so we needed to be quick.

His black car pulled up to the pack house. I noticed him admiring the large building as if he never saw it before. He must've been in such a hurry to see me yesterday he forgot to look.

I slid into the passenger's seat. I felt awkward not knowing how to greet him. I hesitated, but he didn't. Before I could even think, he pecked my right cheek and caressed my left with his hand. He returned to his original position, then began to drive away.

"Buckle, please," he commanded, glancing down at the limo strap. I finally shook off the shock of his actions to click the buckle in place.

"I had a very long talk with Luna this morning," I announced, looking at the directions to the pack.

"I had a long talk with her last night and then again once she got off the phone with you. She only let me leave because I said I was seeing you," he huffed. I laughed lightly, enjoying his annoyance with the situation. My laugh managed to turn his slight frown into a little grin. The benefit of the mating bond.

I examined the directions, about a 50 minute drive and we will be there around 11am. I have until 3pm until the spell wears off, which is plenty of time to get in and out without needing damage control.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until I noticed Lyle bouncing his leg anxiously. "What's up?"

"Hmm?" He responded, his eyes never leaving the road.

I leaned over the console and placed a hand on his active knee. "Why are you bouncing like that? Are you anxious about talking to Marybeth?"

He shrugged, glancing down at my hand that hasn't left his knee. "I just-" he paused, "Can we play 20 questions?"

The question surprised me. I retreated my hand and leaned against my window to get a better view of my mate. "We grew up together. We know a decent amount about each other. What else do you want to learn?"

He blushed, eyes darting to me before reclaiming the road. "We know a lot of brotherly trivial things. I want to know friend/lover things..." he trailed off.

His knee started bouncing again. "Okay. No questions are off limits to asking, but if it's not one you want to answer, just say red and we will move on," I offered. His knee settled finally. He nodded in agreement.

"So, uh, have you figured out your sexuality?" I asked first, getting right down to it.

He smiled slightly at my bold start. "Well I've always been attracted to girls. I was never not attracted to boys, just generally didn't give them my attention. I'd say I'm bisexual or mybe pansexual," he answered. I nodded, absorbing the words. "What about you?"

I'd never been truly asked my sexuality before so this was a slight shock. "Oh, um, I never really actively seek relationships. I've kissed a few girls at parties who've thrown themselves at me. It was never bad. I never really sought out sex either. Alex always came to me, always the first move. I honestly would've been fine with any gender or species as my mate. So I guess I'm pansexual, or I just don't care," I joked a bit. I noticed him grip the wheel a little tighter at the mention of Alex, but nothing more.