Chapter 43

A/N I've noticed that there are two chapters where the readers are a little low compared the the chapters before and after. Please make sure you read chapter 37 and chapter 40. They were posted on days where I double updated, so there may have been some confusion. Thanks!

When I got to my house, my mother was on the porch talking to Ace. I wasn't sure exactly what they were talking about, but it frightened me since my mom wasn't aware of the mating bond as far as I knew. But it seemed like she knew about the twins long before me.

Hesitantly, I approached the pair, causing their eyes to focus back on me. Ace and my mom both held a similar bright, welcoming smile, and irradiated elegant beauty. This wasn't a big surprise. Ace was going to be a Luna, of course.

"My baby! You are going to check on your brother, I hear. Isn't that nice of you? I knew you guys would work out whatever fight you had going on." I couldn't help but cringe at my mom's words. I wasn't positive on how to respond. No one had referred to us as brothers in a long time, and it didn't make me feel all too comfortable knowing I was probably going to kiss the fuck out of him instead of whatever brotherly activities my mom thinks we are up to.

"They have been getting along great, Luna. It was lovely speaking to you, but we must go now. Xander is expecting me," Ace responded swiftly. He barely missed a beat. It's like he knew I didn't enjoy her comment.

If it was even possible, my mom beamed brighter at Ace's words. "Yes, shoo shoo! Go see your mate!" Ace thanked her and walked back to his car. I didn't wait a moment to slip into the passenger's seat.

The car ride was a comfortable silence for almost 30 minutes. We arrived at what looked like a family house on the outskirts of the pack lands. On the porch was Xander with a big smile. He didn't even seem to notice me at first as he engulfed Ace in a bear hug and then passionately kissed him with tongue and all. I should've felt awkward watching them, but instead it weirdly excited me. Maybe it was just the bond.

When they pulled apart, Ace turned to me, and Xander finally noticed my presence. His eyes went wide for a split second until his face broke out into a larger grin.

"I suppose Blaze is in his apartment?" Ace thought out loud, looking to his mate for confirmation.

Xander scrunched his eyebrows in a short thought. "Yeah, he's probably having dinner with Hayden right now," Xander clarified. My jaw evidently tensed, and I froze in my spot at Xander's words. The pair noticed my behavior instantly. "We can take you there now."

The walk was short, but it felt agonizingly slow thinking about what Hayden and my mate could be doing at this moment.

A few pack members shot us curious stares but said nothing to the three of us as Xander led us through the pack house. I didn't need too much leading because I could smell Blaze's strong scent. Fallon was growling when we also smelled Hayden's scent.

I didn't even get a chance to open the door because Blaze opened it before we even walked fully down the hall. His hair was a little disheveled and his eyes were wide. I started to think the worst, but once we locked eyes, his toothy smile grew. I barely mumbled a greeting before he engulfed me in a similar hug as Xander and Ace's earlier. Instantly, I relaxed in his arms, hugging him back tightly. This was the first time he'd hugged me without some sort of reluctance.

After a moment, he pulled back just enough to study my face with his massive grin. "I was just making dinner for Hayden! Come join us! Once I feed him, we can kick him out," he beamed somehow without a smile, tugging me into the apartment. Sparks were flying at the overwhelming skin to skin contact. He was oddly friendly and in a good mood. This was probably the most amount of emotions I have ever seen him express besides rage and frustration.